Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why ain't Italian popular?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭

Not a lot of grinds avaiable and companies don't even bother making past-paper books or even mocks! It kinda bugs me that students that do Italian get an unfair disadvantage... I regret doing Italian because of this, I love the Language, but the help and material isn't there for us. I should of chose French:pac:. Anyone who does italian feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

Why do Italian? :L There's no point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not alone with no commercially-produced past papers, the other minority subjects have the same problem.

I suppose originally there were not as many Italian teachers as French and then as time went on, potential teachers decided on training for subjects they themselves had studied. I think there are probably people teaching Spanish or French who also have Italian in their degrees and 'could' teach it, but it's difficult to introduce a new subject without forcing people to take it.

Advertisement