Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

thinning hair , afraid to use hair dye

• 26-05-2013 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

I've noticed recently that my hair has gotten quite thin and is falling out
    a lot more than normal. I used to have it coloured in the hairdressers but I lost my job last year so had to revert to doing my own colour. I've mostly used Nice 'n easy permanent colour but then started using Olia. Trouble is my hair is completely grey so my roots grow out every two/ three weeks and need to be redone. I had my bloods done last week and will get the results in a few days. I'm 54 and in the menopause, also have under-active thyroid.
    This is really getting me down. Has anyone encountered anything like this?
    My hair needs to be done again but I'm afraid to put in a colour in case any more hair falls out :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm the same, very depressed about the whole thing, I think mine is because I had a baby 5 months ago. I'm also worried about colouring and would like a few highlights. I'd love to hear if anyone has any advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

take vit E, as that helps hair regrow.

And if you have the guts, shave it off, it WILL grow back stronger/shinier etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 candykisses

Got my blood results back and my thyroid is acting up again so my dose has been increased. Went in to a recommended hair salon for a consultation
    and was so relieved (A) to meet someone who really listened and understood
    my concerns. Going to have my hair re-styled and coloured tomorrow - can't wait :)

Piper 101
    I would suggest that you make an appointment with your GP to have your bloods checked in case you are deficient in something. Having a baby can
    in itself cause stress so take some time for you and get checked. I'm sure you'll be fine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

If you're not already using it, switch to sulphate-free shampoo. I used to lose so much hair (have to dye it every month) and since I switched it has almost completely stopped falling out - three or fours hairs when I wash it compared to the previous handfuls!

Thanks so much for that info. Can you tell me what to get and where ?
    I'm in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Boots stock a few different brands. Loreal have a range of sls free shampoos and conditioners. They also have a brand called Naked that have a good few sls free shampoos and some cone free conditioners too.

Thanks so much for that info. Can you tell me what to get and where ?
    I'm in Dublin.

L'Oreal do one and you'll get it in any of the larger Boots. They're a bit pricier than regular shampoos (€7.99 I think) but absolutely worth it. There's conditioner in the range too.

Boots stock a few different brands. Loreal have a range of sls free shampoos and conditioners. They also have a brand called Naked that have a good few sls free shampoos and some cone free conditioners too.

Sorry, cross-posted with you a bit there. The Naked range really strips colour from your hair I found.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the L'oreal ones so .

• Advertisement

Well, I went and had my hair done today and OMG! I feel like a new woman :) It looks soooo much better now and feels really soft. Going to buy those
    L'oreal products at the week-end and use the coconut oil once a week to try and maintain this healthy new look :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭justbored

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement