Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Repeat Leaving Cert Maths in Cork?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if anyone knows where you can repeat LC maths (ordinary level will do) apart from the College of Com?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

There's nowhere, as far as I know. The only other option is a secondary school but you'd have to repeat the whole course.

If you were to do a college of comm course for a year (in anything) you can do a FETAC Level 5 in Mathematics as part of any of the courses which is eqivilant to Leaving Cert maths and is accepted as an alternative to a pass in LC maths in both CIT and UCC.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teen Wolf

Thanks WhiteRoses. I need to do maths again for primary school teacher training in the UK. I got offered a place on a course last year but the offer was withdrawn when they found out I got a D in maths. I'll have to give it another go when I move back to Cork in a few months. Hopefully maths will be ok next time around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Surely you can just sign up for the exam and do the reading in your own time or else hire a tutor?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Kold wrote: »
    Surely you can just sign up for the exam and do the reading in your own time or else hire a tutor?

You can't repeat just one subject, you have to repeat the whole course or not at all.

The only other option is to obtain a FETAC Level 5 in Mathematics through a CCOC, St. John's or Stiofán Naofa course. FETAC Level 5 in Mathematics is accepted by UCC/CIT even if you failed maths in the leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Teen Wolf

Kold wrote: »

Ya I can sign up as an external student and just take the maths exam. I did the LC back in 2002. My maths is rusty. I looked at my younger sister's LC maths book, I got some of it but not all of it which is why I'd prefer classes of some kind. A tutor could be on the expensive side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement