Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone - Restaurants and Activities

Options
  • 26-05-2013 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm thinking of heading to the Wineport Lodge in the near future for a break. Can anybody recommend any places or restaurants to eat nearby that are nice? Or is the Wineport supposed to be one of the nicest restaurants in the area (Athlone or Glasson)? Thanks for any suggestions, my Achilles heel of trips away is finding a decent place to eat.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on what there is to do aswell if people don't mind, anything by way of boat trips, walking, etc that people have found enjoyable themselves. I've looked at the sticky but personal insight would be great. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

If you're coming for a weekend break you may aswell as head into town. There is loads of restaurants and nice pubs in the town. One restaurant I'd recommend is Thyme! Then you can go for a nice pint/glass of wine at Gertie Brownes next door!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Stay out in Glasson.

haven't been but I've heard the Fatted Calf is top class.

Glasson Village Restaurant is also another fine restaurant. Nothing too fancy but good wholesome food.

Grogans pub is a great spot and food is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭neaideabh

The Fatted Calf is quality alright but you need to head into town for a bit of the atmosphere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

+1 to The Fatted Calf

The Left Bank Bistro in town is a nice spot as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Kilinure chalets

• Advertisement
Advertisement