Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doggie-Safe Bubbles?

• 26-05-2013 6:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

Okay, as I posted earlier about Shadow's lessening resistance to walkie time, I've decided I need to come up with a few new ideas to entertain him at home. Is it possible to get any sort of a mix for bubbles that is dog-friendly? Shadow goes stark raving mad for bubbles - we discovered this when kids of my mum's friend were blowing them in the back garden and he went absolutely crazy to get them! It would be something fun and stimulating for him to do in the house or out back!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I picked up 'cat-bubbles' from TK Maxx for about E3 the other week, apparently they were Peach flavoured (you can even get meat flavored bubbles for dogs). Cat couldn't care less for them but the puppy went mental!
    So when that ran out I did some googling and it seems people use baby shampoo mixed with water. Picked up a bubble gun in smyths toy shop for a fiver and voila, one super happy pup!

Edit: http://canineconcepts.co.uk/en/dog-fetch-toys/2393-incredibubbles-890035000454.html
    Can't vouch for the site and not sure if they even ship to Ireland, but I think I had the cat version of those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

We just use normal bubbles and the dog/ kitten go crazy for them! The dog Ends up with a foamy mouth after though so she looks like she had rabies!! I think I've seen online before that you can get bacon flavour bubbles for dogs but I'm on the phone now so can't check!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Get some balloons too, dogs go nuts for them, also fill some wit water, thats even better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

scudzilla wrote: »
    Get some balloons too, dogs go nuts for them, also fill some wit water, thats even better

Cant use balloons unfortunately, he's absolutely terrified of the bangs! But the bubbles would be great, I can sit on me arse and make sure he's entertained at the same time :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I got the peach bubbles for my cats and they were terrified of them for some reason. One of them loves to watch ordinary bubbles if they float off when I'm washing the dishes but they cowered and ran from the petsafe ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I just use ordinary bubbles and they go nuts trying to catch them. I can only imagine what kind of madness would ensue if I got bacon flavoured ones!

Better still, get one of those bubble machines for €10 in Sm*ths. All you need to do then, is press the button and sit back and watch the mayhem! Our Springer used to adore bubbles :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Better still, get one of those bubble machines for €10 in Sm*ths. All you need to do then, is press the button and sit back and watch the mayhem! Our Springer used to adore bubbles :)

That sounds like the most entertaining evening possible. I must look into this immediately!

Yep, a world of fun AND exercise for Furry! Win-win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I had the I think bacon flavoured ones but have used normal bubbles they say non toxic on the bottle never did my lot any harm mind you only the Papillon likes to chase them and only now and then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement