Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SWIFT code for Danske Bank Northern Ireland

Options
  • 26-05-2013 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I have to send some money to someone in Northern Ireland. I have their IBAN code, however they didn't know the swift code. Google gave me a SWIFT code of BADAGB2B, however some of the websites also had more numbers after this which i think relate to the specific branch. Do I need that as well, or will the swift code above be enough in conjunction with the IBAN?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

SWIFT codes are not branch specific. The branch sort code is included in the IBAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

mel.b wrote: »
    I have to send some money to someone in Northern Ireland. I have their IBAN code, however they didn't know the swift code. Google gave me a SWIFT code of BADAGB2B, however some of the websites also had more numbers after this which i think relate to the specific branch. Do I need that as well, or will the swift code above be enough in conjunction with the IBAN?

You have it the wrong way around.

It's DABAGB2B.

The swift code relates to the whole of Northen Bank and is sufficient to use as stated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

aw wrote: »
    You have it the wrong way around.

It's DABAGB2B.

The swift code relates to the whole of Northen Bank and is sufficient to use as stated.

Thanks, and thankfully i just checked and had it typed into my online banking correctly.

Advertisement