Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Athlone Town Centre new barriers

Options
  • 26-05-2013 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Anyone think that the new aluminium gates and barriers at the back of the Civic Centre and Town centre have ruined any chance of making that area a nice public space!

Long term, that area could have been a nice feature of the town and now it is a area that looks like a place where scumbags would hang out with the presence of the spiked barriers. I know, they had an issue with youngsters hanging around at night but so what?

If the whole point of the area from an architectural point of view is to create an open space for the public or even residents? Why erect them terrible barriers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭flowerbattle

Well the place has been open to the public for nearly six years now and if people haven't used it as the open space you're thinking of by now well sure they're hardly going to start now like

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭ifeelill

I often walk by there and hear kids skateboarding around but thats about it. Personally i never used the area for anything so i don't mind what they do with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Any ideas what could be done with the area? I wouldn't have the faintest notion as there's not much to the area. They could definitely use the main square in front of the civic centre for something or other.

Advertisement