Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AvantCard repayment period

Options
  • 26-05-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Seems like the window for which you have to clear your credit card to avoid interest has dramatically reduced with Avant compared to MBNA. Do others notice this?

I wonder can someone help me understand how it works. Say that my repayment date is June 1. I repay the lot and suffer no interest. then I start using the card between June 2 and July 1. The next repayment is due July 1 ( I think MBNA was 56 days...so would have been towards end July). For a transaction that I did on June 20, would that incur interest from July 1 if I do not pay off the balance in full on July 1?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭wench

The payment schedule has stayed the same, you still have up to 56 days interest free.

Any purchases during June would be on a statement issued at the start of July, to be paid 1st Aug.
    The payment on July 1st is for May's purchases.

Advertisement