Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are ALDI dumbing down their meats?

Options
  • 26-05-2013 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Was in ALDI this week and they no longer stock the more unusual meats in the freezer section. So I cannot treat myself to Venison, 3 Bird roast, Lamb Shank, etc. But there's lots of pizza, burgers, chicken this, chicken that, etc

Whats going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Food & Drink

OP - it's probably partially due to seasonality. Some meats may just not be available or desirable during the summer months.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seasonality - the "BBQ" supplies are in, the Christmas/winter stock (3 Bird roast etc) are out. Just how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

What is three bird roast?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Solair wrote: »
    What is three bird roast?

A chicken stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Well, the venison and spring lamb seasons are over so I'd imagine that it is more to do with that.

The 3 birds thing I had always thought was a christmas thing.

Generally, summer is not a meat season. You will get lots of fruit and veg coming into season now. Autumn and Spring are the two seasons for meats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

A chicken stuffed into a duck, stuffed into a turkey!

Not in Aldi, it's not, they're boned and rolled together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not in Aldi, it's not, they're boned and rolled together.

Tomato Tomayto :D

Advertisement