Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is that an indicator that drug cheats have still advantage

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »

Probably could do with explained your OP Peter. I get what you mean but many may not.

I *think* what Peter is suggesting is:
    (a) an unhealthy obsession with all things aero by triathletes
    (b) more importantly that the advantages of PEDs are lifelong and not just while you take them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

After their penalty or do aero frames not work?

Aero frames make a difference on a trained athlete.

As a short cut to faster times, most won't really notice the difference the frame would make.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

tunney wrote: »
    Probably could do with explained your OP Peter. I get what you mean but many may not.

I *think* what Peter is suggesting is:
    (a) an unhealthy obsession with all things aero by triathletes
    (b) more importantly that the advantages of PEDs are lifelong and not just while you take them

I am not suggesting anything people can think for themselves. as the answers leave a lot room for interpretation.

But if anybody finds out more about the guy and his gear choice I would certainlly like to know since I stoped after page 1 in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

I am not suggesting anything people can think for themselves. as the answers leave a lot room for interpretation.

But if anybody finds out more about the guy and his gear choice I would certainlly like to know since I stoped after page 1 in the thread.

Road orbea frame with full aero bars and tt set up so a load of crap really but I tuned out soon after also...

Rolling course so prob lighter frame with setup that gave him his best position for power and aero which obviously trumps any slight frame aero over that distance.

Cant beat personal position for best power output is my take anyway.
    But of course any aero benefits help as long as position for power isnt compromised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Well it soon degenerated into a peeing competition between a load of pedants about TT frames, road frames, and doping.

Some guy even went to the effort of doing aero analysis on two separate frames with the same guy, same setup and got milliseconds of improvement so the frame makes a diffence......YAWN!!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement