Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Garda) Helicopter Over Carlow Town

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭

Any idea what it's up to? It's pretty darn loud.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I'm just after arriving back in Carlow from Dublin. We get it a lot round my area. I reckon they've followed me to help me feel at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

It's unusual for Carlow, especially at night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭iamaiamai

Can hear it in Graiguecullen, but according to facebook it's over St. Killians Crescent?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

It woke me up.
    I don't know if this is co-incidence or not, but I went outside to see what was going on. I shone my maglite up at it, and it moved off. Its really strange. I hope they don't make a habit of it.
    Are you sure it was a garda helicopter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

It's just been over around Ashgrove/Éire Óg area and I think the garda plane is also in the skies over Carlow.it's a lot quieter but was given away by the lights.

• Advertisement

I didn't know there were such things as garda planes!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

iamaiamai wrote: »
    I didn't know there were such things as garda planes!?

They hire planes out (At considerable costs I'm sure) to look for Grow Houses..:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭Popular Hardback

Dey were collecting a snax box, 2 for 1 offer in supermacs. mmmm. Neee NaaaaW !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

charlemont wrote: »
    They hire planes out (At considerable costs I'm sure) to look for Grow Houses..:rolleyes:

No, they don't. We've an Air Corps for that. The Air Corps also operate both Garda helicopters and a Britten Norman Defender aircraft on behalf of the Gardaí - IAC pilots and Garda observers.

4672968876_62468f5856_m.jpg

charlemont wrote: »

wow - so that's probably what they are looking for then?

this war on drugs is a pretty expensive undertaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Any update?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SarahMc91

Thought I had dreamt it haha! Any more news about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭xual

I was woke at 12:50.. the copter was in the skies for a long while after that. I went outside to look. It was hovering/circling around éire og, hanvover, superquinn, staplestown road and back up to ashgrove. Going around for ages. Didn't spot the plane. Copter had the search light on. It passed over My house on the kilkenny road and along the barrow once or twice.

Maybe there were multiple raids on. It was windy last night though. maybe it was tricky to hold it steady. Weather cannot be timed with raids :)

We should probably have a mobile disco drive around from the hours of 8am to 3pm ( when drug dealers sleep ) to get our own back. I'm like a cabbage today after being awake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Coutinho 10

With the Armed Response scouting Staplestown Rd about 10 days ago lets hope after last night they got who they were after.

With the Armed Response scouting Staplestown Rd about 10 days ago lets hope after last night they got who they were after.
    Was that not for the Roma burglars that were living in Carlow and stealing from all the surrounding areas?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Was that not for the Roma burglars that were living in Carlow and stealing from all the surrounding areas?

They maybe separate or they maybe linked!?

But I for one am very happy to see and hear that the Gardai are out in force in Carlow trying to do their best get rid of the bad elements. Now if only the courts do what they are supposed to do :mad: But that a whole different story!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

iamaiamai wrote: »
    Can hear it in Graiguecullen, but according to facebook it's over St. Killians Crescent?

To me it looked as if it was over Anglers Walk and the Old Burrin Rd.

I was checking the newspapers for something about it today and there was nothing:( We need one of those TV shows in the helicopter so we could watch it all in a few months.

It seems to be on the front of the Nationalist this week. Could someone fill me in on what they seemed to indicate what was going on? Thanks.

Morf wrote: »
    It seems to be on the front of the Nationalist this week. Could someone fill me in on what they seemed to indicate what was going on? Thanks.

Appears to be connected to searches for drugs and grow houses etc which were going on in the south east. One house was searched in Carlow and some arrests made.

Appears to be connected to searches for drugs and grow houses etc which were going on in the south east. One house was searched in Carlow and some arrests made.

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I'm not sure which Nationalist you read but this is totally wrong.

The choppers was called after a burglar tried to break into a house at Feltham Hall and went on the run.

He is still at large btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Awful waste of resources if true.
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    I'm not sure which Nationalist you read but this is totally wrong.

The choppers was called after a burglar tried to break into a house at Feltham Hall and went on the run.

He is still at large btw.

Thank you!

Hopefully they catch him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

They caught him. Fella from Tallaght

SV wrote: »
    Awful waste of resources if true.

Hunting down, Disrupting the activities of and jailing drug dealing scum is never a waste of time or resources, It is just a pity Irish laws don't allow for the punishments these scum would face in other countries.

Laois_Man wrote: »
    They caught him. Fella from Tallaght

Nice one, Going to be a pity now to see him probably get away with a suspended sentence or fine when it goes to court.
    Hunting down, Disrupting the activities of and jailing drug dealing scum is never a waste of time or resources, It is just a pity Irish laws don't allow for the punishments these scum would face in other countries.

Ah would ya ever get over it. It's weed, not bloody heroin.

SV wrote: »
    Ah would ya ever get over it. It's weed, not bloody heroin.

When your home has been broken into and you don't feel safe in you home anymore come back to me and say that!

Have you ever been a victim of crime?

Drugs all come from the same source be it weed,pills,heroin. Major crime figures who cause harm to every single person in this country even if you don't know it.

The it's just weed attitude is one that helps make these major crime figures very happy campers and very rich!

When your home has been broken into and you don't feel safe in you home anymore come back to me and say that!

Have you ever been a victim of crime?

Drugs all come from the same source be it weed,pills,heroin. Major crime figures who cause harm to every single person in this country even if you don't know it.

The it's just weed attitude is one that helps make these major crime figures very happy campers and very rich!

You're talking about a drug that is decriminalised and even made legal in numerous places across the civilised world.

Also, my home has been broken into, it was nothing to do with any kind of drugs.

and no, drugs do not all come from the same source and to say so is a very ignorant statement.
    lol, if you honestly think that's where they're making their money then yet again, very ignorant statement.

Advertisement