Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hello all. Me and my gf are currently house hunting in north county Dublin. Were fully approved to 300k and have an added 100 k ! Which IMO is good. Were conscious that we only want a Loan of 277 Inc stamp duty & fees as it's what we can afford comfy enough we earn a combined amount of 4600 so this would mean our monthly mortgage would be 1300. Firstly I have to say the market I'm north Dublin for 3/4 bedroom houses is poor? There's these new joint viewings which are causing people to panic and offer more, does anyone get this too? We recently viewed a house for 385 k asking , we were informed by estate agent who was brutal that the seller would take 360 k now we liked the house a lot and someone put a bid of 360 in so we decided not to play games and put out true 370 k bid in. A day later we were told a person had bid 373 ! What's goin on I taught this was a recession and people were bring so careful? I feel prices are going up for these houses in dub?! Prople are panicking and putting in bids over the value, back to Celtic tiger times !! Any opinions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,518 ✭✭✭The Rooster

death112 wrote: »
    Hello all. Me and my gf are currently house hunting in north county Dublin. Were fully approved to 300k and have an added 100 k ! Which IMO is good. Were conscious that we only want a Loan of 277 Inc stamp duty & fees as it's what we can afford comfy enough we earn a combined amount of 4600 so this would mean our monthly mortgage would be 1300. Firstly I have to say the market I'm north Dublin for 3/4 bedroom houses is poor? There's these new joint viewings which are causing people to panic and offer more, does anyone get this too? We recently viewed a house for 385 k asking , we were informed by estate agent who was brutal that the seller would take 360 k now we liked the house a lot and someone put a bid of 360 in so we decided not to play games and put out true 370 k bid in. A day later we were told a person had bid 373 ! What's goin on I taught this was a recession and people were bring so careful? I feel prices are going up for these houses in dub?! Prople are panicking and putting in bids over the value, back to Celtic tiger times !! Any opinions ??

A €373k bid for a house with an asking price of €385k is hardly "back to Celtic Tiger times".

Where in North Dublin are you looking at? Big differences between different areas.

When I was in the market I'd go in with what I thought was a fair price, and give the owner 24 hours to accept or reject on the basis it was my final offer. That way I'd know straight away as I really disliked the stress and "not knowing" when there was bids coming in from different people. But some people like to go in very low in the hope of doing a deal and/or enjoy a bidding process where it goes back and forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 death112

It's in baldoyle , just not worth above 365 k , crazy money for what you'd get, a good house in an ok area, dont know who enjoys a bidding process

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

death112 I'm closing this thread. I would move it to the Accommodation & Property forum but you already have an identical thread running there.
    Please don't post the same thread in more than one forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement