Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Balls 2 that....

• 27-05-2013 9:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine recently had a nasty crash on the bike due to a numpty doing an illegal U-Turn in the middle of the road. Bike is in a bad way and everything is going through due process.

As a result of said crash he now as a set of testicles like "BEETROOT" and in a right state talking like Morgan Freeman.

My questions is this, does anyone on here wear protection for the aul' meat and two veg? A jocks-strap or the like, heard another story from one of the lads on here when we were talking about it on the Sunday spin that another biker lost a testicle from a similar crash years ago.

Really considering getting a bit of gear for the "TWINS", I might not be the best on a bike or a good looking lad. But I have a FINE pair of balls to protect!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

PMSL! Not once did I ever think I read a thread like this on biking :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I rear ended a taxi on my old GSX (his fault) and got a nice shunt to the groin for my troubles. Thankfully the tank was low, I knew it was coming and I clamped on with my thighs to lesson the impact on my wrists and the auld family jewels.

When I was in the docs she said a girl came in that was in the same sort of a crash on a sports bike and was in a bad way down there. So it looks like its a valid complaint, just no one talks about it.

What about those cup things that footballers wear ?? I believe they also make them for women as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Found these for you Gary. Only problem is when you search for your name and what you want it comes in as "Only available in EXTRA SMALL" :D:D

8852040264_4aba48faf7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I think the "Shock Doctor" will be getting purchased. Or something very similar......

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Doctor-Supporter-BioFlex-Medium/dp/B00181BCUW/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1369644716&sr=1-1

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Found these for you Gary. Only problem is when you search for your name and what you want it comes in as "Only available in EXTRA SMALL" :D:D

They look perfect, I need two cups on the one belt. I can stick a ball in each cup....

W.B does not stand for Wonda Boy, it stands for WONDA BALLS!

All messing aside lads, it needs to be considered. We all know how sore it is to even get a football in the nads or the like. Imagine hitting a tank at 50mph :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Even with a cup on, you will still do damage to your groin along the edge of the cup, which is really damn sore too. I only used one while doing martial arts so I was standing but i'd say sitting on one wouldn't be too comfortable cause most cups go a fair bit back!

dwelby101 wrote: »
    Even with a cup on, you will still do damage to your groin along the edge of the cup, which is really damn sore too. I only used one while doing martial arts so I was standing but i'd say sitting on one wouldn't be too comfortable cause most cups go a fair bit back!

Good point....just made me think thats all. Have seen a few for moto cross on amazon and the like but they are made bulky looking. Just thinking outside the box, I already have a good helmet and gloves and I wear a chest and back protector so just looking into it. I know it goes with the territory but you would put up with dislocated shoulders and broken legs etc. But losing a testicle or two as a result of a crash....:eek::eek:

Sure the craic discussing it is worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭dwelby101

Its no fun getting a dig in the nad sack thats for sure... heres a thing I saw a while back, could be useful...link

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Deffo worth looking into. You don't expect too come out of a crash with the crown Jewell's damaged but it happens.

Talking like Morgan Freeman . . .Pmsl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

You can buy large foam tank pads that stick onto the back of the tank.

In the event of you smacking your bits off the tank,you get a nice cushion effeet instead.

Thats the theory behind the foam pads anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

RosieJoe wrote: »

Mr Slave????:pac::pac:

paddy147 wrote: »
    You can buy large foam tank pads that stick onto the back of the tank.

In the event of you smacking your bits off the tank,you get a nice cushion effeet instead.

Thats the theory behind the foam pads anyway.

Cant imagine that looks too good on the bike....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Jaysus i never thought i would see a thread like this, but then it is from you Wonda haha :P

Had me in fits laughing at this thread

Jaysus i never thought i would see a thread like this, but then it is from you Wonda haha :P

Had me in fits laughing at this thread

Educational and informative.....:pac::pac::pac:

Where you been hiding Graham ffs.....you are long overdue a spin and you owe me a meatball footlong.

I never even taught about the subject until it happen to a m8, I taught someone somewhere might be wearing a solution on the bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

A lad on a bike hit me years ago, he ended up with a load of stitches in his pecker from where he hit the tank, even though he wrecked my car I felt sorry for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Educational and informative.....:pac::pac::pac:

Where you been hiding Graham ffs.....you are long overdue a spin and you owe me a meatball footlong.

I never even taught about the subject until it happen to a m8, I taught someone somewhere might be wearing a solution on the bike.

Been up to my BALLS in work haha excuse the pun. Yeah we'll over due a spin, had to get a few bits done to bike etc nearly there, think I need a good spin and a laugh. Footlong meatball no problem mate, is that before we meet the rest for brekkie haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You could always slip on a pair of these back to front?

74.jpg

peckerhead wrote: »
    You could always slip on a pair of these back to front?

74.jpg

Jaysus...I would only need a pair of them if I got "REAR ENDED" and judging by a few of the lads that do be out with us on a Sunday that could happen in the toilets!!!!!

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

I remember, back when I was doing lessons on a school bike, picking it up for a lesson and it was a bit worse for wear. A guy had been out on it and took a spill where the bike went end over end. He was pretty much okay apart from his two veg, the tank had quite a decent dent at the 'point of impact' from his package :eek:

Its a hell of alot more common then people think especially on the sportier bikes.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

This happened to a mate of mine once. I didn't see him at the time but he was doing a very odd walk for quite a long time by all accounts.

Yep, I bet he was walking like "John Wayne" for months...

Advertisement