Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manual for Zyxel D1000 router to enable usb storage

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have received the new Zyxel D1000 eircom router recently. So far I am much happier with it than it's predecessor, however, I did not get a manual in the box, only a basic start-up guide and a link to eircom's forum. What I need to do, and this should be easy, is to connect an external hard drive to the usb port on the router. When I go in to the router admin page, I have enabled the option but no further information appears, eg, what to call the share, how to access it, etc. I've read that I may need the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility, but I can't find the location of this application on their site. Also, it's very hard to tell what the actual model number of the router is, so getting more info is proving to be quite difficult.

Does anyone know How to get this up and running on a Zyxel? on any other brand this should be very straight forward, but this is Zyxel after all..

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi mrqpr,

The model is f1000.

Can you please PM me your email address and I will send on a draft manual that we have created. You will get your answers in here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrqpr

Hi mrqpr,

The model is f1000.

Can you please PM me your email address and I will send on a draft manual that we have created. You will get your answers in here.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi,
    I have tried to set up the file sharing option, as per the manual Tracey kindly sent on, but it looks like there are some differences between that manual and the router or its firmware. I have tested out a couple of memory sticks and a powered hard drive, each of which formatted to work with either FAT or FAT32, but nothing happens in the file sharing tab. The manual also mentions a media server option but this is not displayed against the F1000. 

I understand that this router is being issued to a lot of eircom customers, ahead of the e-fiber roll-out, so perhaps someone else may have some feedback with setting  this up?

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

mrqpr wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have tried to set up the file sharing option, as per the manual Tracey kindly sent on, but it looks like there are some differences between that manual and the router or its firmware. I have tested out a couple of memory sticks and a powered hard drive, each of which formatted to work with either FAT or FAT32, but nothing happens in the file sharing tab. The manual also mentions a media server option but this is not displayed against the F1000. 

I understand that this router is being issued to a lot of eircom customers, ahead of the e-fiber roll-out, so perhaps someone else may have some feedback with setting  this up?

Cheers!
    Hi mrqpr

I'm sorry to hear that mrqr, I could referyou to broadband technical support but they really don’t support such actions, hopefully someone else might have feedback with setting this up.

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ChrisF

Hi,
    I have received the new Zyxel D1000 eircom router recently. So far I am much happier with it than it's predecessor, however, I did not get a manual in the box, only a basic start-up guide and a link to eircom's forum. What I need to do, and this should be easy, is to connect an external hard drive to the usb port on the router. When I go in to the router admin page, I have enabled the option but no further information appears, eg, what to call the share, how to access it, etc. I've read that I may need the ZyXEL NetUSB Share Center Utility, but I can't find the location of this application on their site. Also, it's very hard to tell what the actual model number of the router is, so getting more info is proving to be quite difficult.

Does anyone know How to get this up and running on a Zyxel? on any other brand this should be very straight forward, but this is Zyxel after all..

Cheers!

Hi mrqpr,

If you right click on "My network places" and goto Map Network Drive, in the Folder, type [URL="file://\\192.168.1.254\Public"]\\192.168.1.254[/url]\Public . This should
    give you access to the drive. From here you can create a shortcut on the desktop to this new drive. All this is using XP. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ChrisF wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers!

Hi mrqpr,

If you right click on "My network places" and goto Map Network Drive, in the Folder, type  [url=file://192.168.1.254Public]\\192.168.1.254[/url][url=file://192.168.1.254Public][/url][url=file://192.168.1.254Public]\Public[/url] . This should
    give you access to the drive.  From here you can create a shortcut on the desktop to this new drive. All this is using XP. Hope this helps.
    Hi ChrisF

Thanks for your advice on this, I'll take note of this for future reference if you don't mind :)

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement