Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Balbriggan summerfest community garden project

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi
    Just wondering if anybody knows where the community garden project is in Balbriggan - an official opening ceremony is listed in the summerfest programme of events which is to take place this Friday but it doesn't mention where it is.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 darcygirl

Hi,
    I had a look at their site before I posted but can't seem to find anything about it on their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭kaisersoze

I would imagine, based on previous years, its down near the beach car park, but there is a contact us section on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

darcygirl wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering if anybody knows where the community garden project is in Balbriggan - an official opening ceremony is listed in the summerfest programme of events which is to take place this Friday but it doesn't mention where it is.
    Thanks
    I see what you mean on the programme but I've no idea where it is sorry! Probably a good idea to mail the organisers to clarify but if I hear in the meantime I'll post back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

The garden is on the corner of the crossroads at Brecan Close, opposite the entrance to Lambeecher Estate/Bath Road.

http://goo.gl/maps/yt5YO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

sgarvan wrote: »
    The garden is on the corner of the crossroads at Brecan Close, opposite the entrance to Lambeecher Estate/Bath Road.

http://goo.gl/maps/yt5YO

Now I'm all for community spirit but that "community garden" has been in place for over a year now. Great hard work put into it alright, and the person who worked the most at it got special mention at the Town Council Awards last year.

I know, I walk past it everyday.

There I was getting excited about a new community garden project in the town but wondering how I hadn't heard about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

The garden is being officially named on Friday morning and a plaque is being unveiled.

Advertisement