Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio Help

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭

Computers just ain't as simple as they used to be...

Right, in preempting a delivery of headphones for music creation purposes, i've decided to start with a set of in ears as i'm bored and wanted something to do (don't have decent speakers to work off as i don't want to piss off the neighbours).

When i plug in the headphones, it tells me that i've connected an audio device, put the audio still plays through the TV. Even if i set the speakers (headphones) as the default device, the audio still plays through the tv and nothing through the headphones.

I've attached an image of what i'm looking at. Help greatly appreciated!

Edit: Just want to add, when i went to play a game through Steam, the audio was coming through the headphones... So it seems that Ableton and VLC plus system sounds are playing through the TV, and Steam through the headphones...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

In VLC under tools/preferences, having chosen 'all' under show settings, check where the various audio outputs are being directed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Primary Sound Driver

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Primary Sound Driver

Is your laptop hooked up via HDMI?
    If so I presume you want to use Ableton while looking at the TV? If no then plugginf out the HDMI might solve the issue (probably not an ideal solution)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

The TV is set as the default playback device. Try changing the default to one of the others

Tried setting the default to the speakers (headphones) and when i did nothing changed.

PC is hooked up to TV via HDMI indefinitely, don't use/have a monitor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

What i do is connect the speakers/headphones to the audio jack on the tv.

Figured it out, well, i think. Each program seems to have it's own audio output which i need to select the different outputs. Strange, normally when you connect up headphones everything goes to them...

Advertisement