Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Bowie documentary "Five Years"

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭

"Five Years" broadcast on BBC2 last saturday night.

Seriously how good was that?

As a lifelong fan I thought Id seen pretty much all the footage there was, but this show was a real eye opener.

The sooner he tours and puts this Springsteen geezer back in his box the better..........(backs away slowly from the room).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes very insightful...never knew his backing musicans had such an influence on his musical arrangements, are they even credited with it on the records??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Twas good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

poundhound wrote: »
    "Five Years" broadcast on BBC2 last saturday night.

Seriously how good was that?

As a lifelong fan I thought Id seen pretty much all the footage there was, but this show was a real eye opener.

The sooner he tours and puts this Springsteen geezer back in his box the better..........(backs away slowly from the room).

Great docu, reminds you how unique the bloke is, he's pretty much the only one from his generation that was open minded enough to realise that music wasn't just the standard guitar, bass and drums combo, can you imagine Springsteen, McCartney or Jagger embracing electronic music including drum and bass, industrial, thrash metal as well as pop, funk and of course rock? No way, he's head and shoulders above the whole lot of them put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Watched it last night. It's one of the best music docs I've ever seen. It was just so well put together. The rare footage was fascinating and there were just so many little things that made it extra special such as the aerial view of night-time Berlin as the story moved on to Heroes. I just want to watch it again and again. Well done to the BBC.

Advertisement