Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Maynooth

Options
  • 27-05-2013 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Anyone notice a difference in the mains water in Maynooth in the last week or two?

It seems to have an "earthy" quality that wasn't there before

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Last few days it's been incredibly poor

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Where abouts in Maynooth? I'm on the Moyglare road and haven't noticed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Now that you mention it, I did notice yesterday that there was a different 'taste' to the water

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭PBPumpkin

I did a couple of searches myself & couldn't find any details about changes to the water system.

There's a mad smell of dirt or peat off it - maybe they have lowered the levels of chlorine mixed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

YES! I thought it was just me or the dishwasher tablets I was starting to use, but no- it's definitely the water. It's like it's mouldy or something. I have family on the Maynooth side of Celbridge and they have the same thing. I've just had to stock up on bottled water, can't drink it :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I don't like the water here but I do give it to the kids and make bottles with it and I have had no issues yet.

Out of interest I sent a mail to Kildare Co Council this morning asking them if there has been any change to the water system. I also asked if the water quality tests are still taking place as the results have not been uploaded to the website. I'll post the response if/when I get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

A friend of mine in Moyglare had the council out yesterday to have it checked. I'm on the other side of town and have noticed nothing.

I will say though that for a year and a half since we got a dog the dog prefers to drink rainwater from puddles that the water I put in her bowl from the tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

I'm in Castledawson, water is rotten the past while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Same for me in Maynooth near Castledawson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

PBPumpkin wrote: »
    Anyone notice a difference in the mains water in Maynooth in the last week or two?

It seems to have an "earthy" quality that wasn't there before

I've noticed that kind of earthy quality in Celbridge this evening and it's not just because of this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 borelli

Yep, I noticed at the weekend and went googling - apparently its due to algal bloom:

http://www.thekitchn.com/the-weird-reason-why-your-tap-water-may-taste-like-mold-in-the-summer-176384

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Bar the last few days we've hardly had the weather for that though. It's odd maybe my taste buds are knackered but I drink the water everyday and don't find it any worse than normal!

Advertisement