Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JC maths theorems??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

You need to know all the theroms on the Junior Cert course. But you only need to know 5 theroms in great detail, just google it, it should come up with a list of 19 or so theorms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

You need to know all the theroms on the Junior Cert course. But you only need to know 5 theroms in great detail, just google it, it should come up with a list of 19 or so theorms.

which 5

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

http://www.projectmaths.ie/students/cd-strand1and2/strand2-geoandtrig-junior.asp

Everything you need for Geometry and Trigonometry is listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

1) Each exterior angle in a triangle is the sum of the interior opposite angle
    2) The angles in a triangle add up to 180 degrees
    3) Opposite sides and opposite angles in a parallelogram are equal
    4) The angle at the center is twice the angle at the circumference standing on the same arc
    5) In a right angled triangle, the hypotenuse squared is equal to the sum of the other sides squared (Pythagorean theorem)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭mad turnip

I think they favour Pythagoras alot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭LawdyLad

Hopefully #4 or #5 of my previous post come up. They are the worth the most marks out of the 5 and are an easy few percent!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FreeT

I've heard from one teacher (now mind, this wouldn't be the best teacher in Ireland), that the 'square method' for Pythagorus' theory isn't accepted by examiners anymore.

Could anyone shed some light on this claim?
    I would like to disregard this teacher, but I'd hate to be wrong!

Advertisement