Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Headshot wrote: »
    Are Brazil that starved of strikers that they have only a choice of Jo or Fred?

Steve and Bob are injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭kksaints

Worst commentator around by quite a bit I reckon.

Lou Macari disagrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

kksaints wrote: »
    Lou Macari disagrees.

You mean Lou "everyone and everything is sh*t" Macari?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Worst commentator around by quite a bit I reckon.

Lol did you not hear his 'a little peeved' pun?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Can make out what scollari is telling em to do :pac:

• Advertisement

There hasn't been enough cameraman creeping. She was awesome.

Some lovely Brazilian honeys in the crowd!

Jo on for Fred. Sounds like a couple of plumbers or something.

Theres going to be a lot of sad Brazilians next summer as they haven't a hope in hell of winning the world cup, will be doing well to get to the semis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You know Dunga's Brazil is looking miles better now and that team was fair boring to watch

klose wrote: »
    Theres going to be a lot of sad Brazilians next summer as they haven't a hope in hell of winning the world cup, will be doing well to get to the semis

Have to agree. But before that, I think Italy and super-mario are going to walk over them on Saturday. Also fancy Spain to give them a hiding in the semis.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Wow!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Well that was tremendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great skill by Neymar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,986 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Wonderful from Neymar, good finish too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Class act Neymar.

World class by neymar

Lol at the racist fans with the Mexican moustaches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Fantastic, an assist to behold, the future of Brazil and the best team in the world - Barcelona. He will be better than Pele, Messi & Maradona put together!!!! The vision, the magic, the technique. Neymar!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I agree with Whelan, poor Brazilian side. Spain are light years ahead of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Brazil are average. Neymar saves them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

miralize wrote: »
    He will be better than Pele, Messi & Maradona put together!

I hope your taking the piss there.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Brazil are average. Neymar saves them.

Oscar, Silva and Alves are top players also. Other than that, it's a pretty below average Brazil side.

GTR63 wrote: »

Andersonisgod has hacked his account I believe.

GTR63 wrote: »

I was just getting the hyperbole out of the way before Andersonisgod jumps in here

I was just getting the hyperbole out of the way before Andersonisgod jumps in here

I was thinking but he'd of left Messi out and dropped C.Ronaldo in.
    When someone finds the starting XI of Italy and Japan could they post it please.

I guess jo has to start the next game, lucas i assume will start too as hulk did the square root of fcuk all all game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

I don't get this Brazil being labelled average and poor.

From what I've seen they are very very good team, in with a very good chance of winning the world cup.

This team might not have the swashbuckling rampant full backs of Cafu and Roberto Carlos or the clinicality of Ronaldo or even half the flair of a couple of years ago, but what they do seem to have now is a tactical base to the side.

Defensively they are stronger than they were 6 years ago. You could argue they have 3 of the best defenders in their respective positions in the world.

With Neymar and Hulk they have match winners. For the world cupnext year Damiao will have another year under his belt, David Luiz will have 12 months under Mourinho, same with Oscar. Moura and Paulinho will probably have champions league experience next season.

Ramires, Ganso, Pato possibly Ronaldinho, Kaka etc... to come back in I can't really see the 'average'

There's a lot more to come from this Brazil side.

Whelan said spain are light years ahead, spain are light years ahead of everyone.

double GG wrote: »
    Ramires, Ganso, Pato possibly Ronaldinho, Kaka etc... to come back in I can't really see the 'average'

You mustn't be seeing very well so. How long is it since any of the above have been World Class? Neither of the first two ever have. It's debatable if Pato ever was, he certainly isn't now. Good few years since the latter two were.

Brazil are a decent side, but not on the very top level of International football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

You mustn't be seeing very well so. How long is it since any of the above have been World Class? Neither of the first two ever have. It's debatable if Pato ever was, he certainly isn't now. Good few years since the latter two were.

Brazil are a decent side, but not on the very top level of International football.

I never said 'world class' There's surely a middle ground between world class and average?

• Advertisement

double GG wrote: »
    I never said 'world class' There's surely a middle ground between world class and average?

I agree, there is such a middle ground and Brazil are there. I just don't think that sort of level is good enough to win the next World Cup though when you have some genuinely World Class teams about.

When I refer to them as average, it's relative to past Brazil teams, and not International football as a whole.

In order to get to the next level and be in with a chance of winning the next World Cup, they're going to need a better striker and a better creative central midfielder. I like Hernanes, but he's not really good enough to dictate play for a World Cup winning side. It would benefit Brazil a lot if Mourinho was to play Oscar deeper next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

A heads up for ya all.

BBC1 NI coverage is deferred, program does not start till about 5 minutes after kick off.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Whilst Brazil aren't going to be favourites, we always get tournaments where the host country does much better than where they'd be ranked, and Brazil are still a decent side with guys who can win games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I agree, there is such a middle ground and Brazil are there. I just don't think that sort of level is good enough to win the next World Cup though when you have some genuinely World Class teams about.

When I refer to them as average, it's relative to past Brazil teams, and not International football as a whole.

In order to get to the next level and be in with a chance of winning the next World Cup, they're going to need a better striker and a better creative central midfielder. I like Hernanes, but he's not really good enough to dictate play for a World Cup winning side. It would benefit Brazil a lot if Mourinho was to play Oscar deeper next season.

Yea. Anytime the world cup rolls around Brazil are one of the 2 or 3 teams that you absolutely have to watch. I just don't feel the same excitement about watching them at the moment. I think Spain, Germany and Argentina will be the 3 teams I won't want to miss a second of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fantastic, an assist to behold, the future of Brazil and the best team in the world - Barcelona. He will be better than Pele, Messi & Maradona put together!!!! The vision, the magic, the technique. Neymar!!!!!!

The trouble for you is that you're a barca fan and you love them. Do you really want to make those type of posts given the preconceptions some folks have about Cules? :pac:

Italy: 1 Buffon, 2 Maggio, 3 Chiellini, 5 De Sciglio, 7 Aquilani, 9 Balotelli, 15 Barzagli, 16 De Rossi, 18 Montolivo, 21 Pirlo, 22 Giaccherini

Japan: 1 Kawashima, 4 Honda, 5 Nagatomo, 6 Uchida, 7 Endo, 9 Okazaki, 10 Kagawa, 15 Konno, 17 Hasebe, 18 Maeda, 22 Yoshida

• Advertisement

Jernal wrote: »
    The trouble for you is that you're a barca fan and you love them. Do you really want to make those type of posts given the preconceptions some folks have about Cules? :pac:

I like to think I can rein in my opinions to something a little less... vomit-inducing.. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Not going to read back through 40 pages but did anyone else think the Nigeria Tahiti match smelled of a fix?

With their minds on it they could have won by 20/30

Be interesting to see what Spain do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Buffon giving it socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

irish-stew wrote: »
    A heads up for ya all.

BBC1 NI coverage is deferred, program does not start till about 5 minutes after kick off.

;)

Can still get bbc 1 England hd up north :)

C'mon Italy. Big Aquilani fan but not sure about him in that position, although Maggio will prob double up as a winger and Aqui will tuck in behind Balo.

• Advertisement

Can still get bbc 1 England hd up north :)

BBC1 London for me.

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Not going to read back through 40 pages but did anyone else think the Nigeria Tahiti match smelled of a fix?

With their minds on it they could have won by 20/30

Be interesting to see what Spain do

Smelled off something.

Spain could stop after 6-7 goals.

Paddypower are giving them 4/9 on -6. 4/6 on -7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

watching it on RTE 2 HD. Looks like they got their sound and video to match up for once.

Brasil started good but went off the boil when Luis got a nosebleed.

Brazilian fans are deadly. They absolutely love the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Smelled off something.

Spain could stop after 6-7 goals.

Paddypower are giving them 4/9 on -6. 4/6 on -7.

11/4 on over 10.5 goals in the match

Spains record win is 13-0 surely they will want to beat that.

Now time to crack open a beer and enjoy the match

Man I loved that Italy vs Spain game, it was even better that Kerr did commentary on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BBC1 London for me.

Sky 976 is BBC 1 HD for me, miss all the regional stuff that BBC NI has

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

I like the glasses, not sure about the spits- Kerr ya genius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Really enjoying this game, Japan are good to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Really enjoying this game, Japan are good to watch.

Bigtime. Real tidy team. They'll still get beat tho

• Advertisement
Advertisement