Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Headshot wrote: »
    Lads this has go down as one of the best matches we have ever seen

Its up there with Italy vs Germany in 06 for me and thats my go to game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Japan may be losing, but really hope the rumors are true about Honda and Liverpool.

He has been something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Blay wrote: »
    Japan going out...fcuk me football is cruel

Thank God it's not the WC or anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Ya could play the whole game again instead of trying to make a highlight reel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How the hell Honda is still at CSKA is beyond me, far to good for that league and team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

klose wrote: »
    Ya could play the whole game again instead of trying to make a highlight reel

Highlight reel wouldn't do it justice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Thank God it's not the WC or anything.

I'll definitely be watching them with interest there next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

How the hell Honda is still at CSKA is beyond me, far to good for that league and team

Available on a free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Between this game and James galdofini dying, this is too much for one night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

great game.

Perhaps Trap should watch that!

• Advertisement

And relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I want the world cup now after that game. Unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

miralize wrote: »
    Available on a free

I'll have a whip round and get him myself.

Have him run around the back garden with my rabbits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Available on a free

wow im stunned to learn that

He has to be one of the best buys of the summer for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

hard luck Japan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Easily one of the best games I've seen this season.

Well done to Italy, but I can't wait for Japan at the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Hope the Spain match tomorrow is as good a contest as this was :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Leg spread. Whelan looking sharp tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'm sad that it's over. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Ah fk off Italy - always ruining the party!! Always remember Gilardino's scuttery goal at Croker in the last minute to deny us victory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

His contract is up this summer so he wont be there much longer, back to Italy or maybe a move to England? I mentioned him as a decent punt for United (under certain circumstance) a couple of days ago, doubt we would go for him but someone will.

He still has plenty to offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

He'd fit in great at Arsenal what with him being free an all , Super player gutted for them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

**** sake Hartson, stop saying pelanty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Great game, gutted for Japan. Their pressing was great and passing and control in tight areas was fantastic. Their direct attacking play was great to see too!

WC a year away

:/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Neeson wrote: »
    Leg spread. Whelan looking sharp tonight.

Posture + suit is very Sadlier.:pac:

Ref has been banned twice before for bad decisions haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

They had Wagner Lopes, a Brazilian who had become a naturalised Japanese citizen back in 1998

Alessandro Santos aka Alex aka Alessandro dos Santos was another of their Brazilian contingent.

I used to keep track of the foreign named Japanese players a few years back.

They had a Robert Cullen in their underage setup at one stage and I think at least one of the Killoran family (Eugene, Colin and Niall) played some sort of youth level football for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I feel almost privileged to have watched that.

What a spectacle.

DUBACC wrote: »
    Ah fk off Italy - always ruining the party!! Always remember Gilardino's scuttery goal at Croker in the last minute to deny us victory!

And Toto Scillachi from 1990...... :mad: GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Alessandro Santos aka Alex aka Alessandro dos Santos was another of their Brazilian contingent.

They had a Robert Cullen in their underage setup at one stage and I think at least one of the Killoran family (Eugene, Colin and Niall) played some sort of youth level football for them.

Most of the Japanese ex-pats living in Brazil according to commentator tonight. Something like 1.5 million of them. Id suggest tapping into the granny rule but they are doing ok with their own system it would seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Hard luck Japan deserved much more.

Great 90 mins of football though and i went from neutral to die hard Japanese fan very quickly.

Ahem, copycat :D
    kryogen wrote: »
    There was also Alex, another Brazilian

**** me that's hard to take for Japan

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

HazDanz wrote: »
    I want the world cup now after that game. Unreal.

These are the sorts of games you have to watch at the World Cup, you never know you could watch an unexpected cracking game. Like USA v Slovenia too.

For everyone of those games there's a Japan v Paraguay which was tedious.

But they must be watched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Most of the Japanese ex-pats living in Brazil according to commentator tonight. Something like 1.5 million of them. Id suggest tapping into the granny rule but they are doing ok with their own system it would seem.

There are pretty big ties between the two countries for some time - there's a lot of Brazilians living and working in Japan too.

I'm sure a few other naturalized Brazilians have represented Japan down the years.

One of the all time legends of Japanese football, Kazu Miura left high school and moved to Brazil in his teens. He played youth football there for a while, eventually turned pro and played for a number of the big clubs there before heading back to Japan.

There are pretty big ties between the two countries for some time - there's a lot of Brazilians living and working in Japan too.

I'm sure a few other naturalized Brazilians have represented Japan down the years.

One of the all time legends of Japanese football, Kazu Miura left high school and moved to Brazil in his teens. He played youth football there for a while, eventually turned pro and played for a number of the big clubs there before heading back to Japan.

Miura was a fine player. Can remember him from the Umbro cup back in the summer of 1995

Speaking of japanese footballers, anyone know why Nakata retired so young?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Just wanted to say I thought Italy vs Japan was the best match I have seen in ages. Japan truly stole my heart. Honda, Endo, Okasaki and most of all my beloved Shinji Kagawa were absolutely exceptional. It's just a shame about their defence, which has concede 7 goals in 2 games now.

The match had everything, brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Couldn't watch it earlier so set it to record, went to watch the recording there, but I forgot to plug my hard drive in and it never recorded :(

I hope it's repeated or viewable online somewhere. How did Endo & Konno do?
    Speaking of japanese footballers, anyone know why Nakata retired so young?

He models, has some businesses and some other stuff. Maybe he felt he achieved all he wanted to in football. I have a Bolton jersey with Nakata on the back, but I cannot remember where the hell it came from! I definitely never bought it.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Couldn't watch it earlier so set it to record, went to watch the recording there, but I forgot to plug my hard drive in and it never recorded :(

I hope it's repeated or viewable online somewhere. How did Endo & Konno do?

He models, has some businesses and some other stuff. Maybe he felt he achieved all he wanted to in football. I have a Bolton jersey with Nakata on the back, but I cannot remember where the hell it came from! I definitely never bought it.
    You could go to the bay, you know, the one with all the pirates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Fantastic match tonight, great entertainment. I was hopping around the bed towards the end cheering on Japan, got a clatter off the bird for waking her up and all, good times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

You could go to the bay, you know, the one with all the pirates.

Spotted a repeat on Al Jazeera in an hour so I'll record that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,990 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just home from the pub(love my late opening pub) and just came on to say what an awesome game that was. Just to see an Italian defense ripped apart like that was unbelievable but to see a coach react so quickly and change tactics was so impressive. I'm not sure what the verdict was on Italy's final goal but I thought it was offside but haven's seen enough replays to be certain.

I've been a big fan of Giovinco since I seen his debut sub appearance for Italy and he made some difference tonight when he came on. I think most of the plaudits have to go to him and to Prandelli for what happened tonight.

Gotta say I really feel after that game that Japan could have a serious run in the World Cup, they will learn a lot from that game I think.

japan needs to work on their defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

False dawn for Japan. Italy approached the game casually from the beginning, and after a bright start reverted in the second half once they scored a couple.

Entertaining stuff, but poor, poor defending all round. Referee made a couple of poor penalty calls - I can understand how he made the mistake for the first one (though if he fully believed it was a foul he should have sent off the 'keeper), but the second was nothing short of a disgrace.

Looking forward to Spain v Tahiti tonight.

And hopefully Nigeria torn apart by Uruguay later in the evening, and shown how bad they really were the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I'm afraid for Tahiti tonight.

Hopefully Spain lose interest after they've each scored a hat-trick.

So, how are the Neymar naysayers liking the tournament then?

quarryman wrote: »
    I'm afraid for Tahiti tonight.

Hopefully Spain lose interest after they've each scored a hat-trick.

Have a bet on 6-0 and 7-0, am hoping once it gets to that stage they will show mercy

• Advertisement

The ref last night was foul. I think he got a suspension for giving peno's for nothing. Hopefully no one like him next year.

Can't see Tahiti scoring tonight. It might just be painful to watch Spain. Hopefully the Nigeria game will be more entertaining.

Advertisement