Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

kryogen wrote: »
    Have a bet on 6-0 and 7-0, am hoping once it gets to that stage they will show mercy

Have a doubler. Spain -6 and Uruguay to beat Nigeria. Despite Nigerias auwful show against Thahiti, and it was that bad despite the score, have not seen enough of them to risk the handicap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,889 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hopefully vdb will pick a completely different starting team tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Thecon21

Fabregas 1st scorer with Spain to win 11-0.

Heard it hear first.

Although I hope Pedro scores a load as I have a bet on him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

spain -10 worth a punt :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Which Spanish age group wouldn't beat Tahiti do we reckon? I'd say their under 16's would easily, possibly an under 12's group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Which Spanish age group wouldn't beat Tahiti do we reckon? I'd say their under 16's would easily, possibly an under 12's group?

'Easily' I don't agree with for any teenage side. Tahiti's star man who has hundreds of games in Ligue One would destroy such opposition. U12's would be blown away physically I think.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    'Easily' I don't agree with for any teenage side. Tahiti's star man who has hundreds of games in Ligue One would destroy such opposition. U12's would be blown away physically I think.

Tahiti would be chasing shadows against the 16's, physicality doesn't really factor in when you can get near the opposition to bully them. 12's would give them a good game imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

How would Tahiti compare to San Marino?

I remember Germany beating them 13-0 a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

If Torres starts then i reckon all of these 11-0 predictions will be vastly diminished:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

spain -6 are 2/5 in paddypower if anyone wants some free money

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Gbear wrote: »

San Marino have a handful of players (four?) playing professionally in Serie A/B. The rest are from semi-pro and amateur leagues in Italy & San Marino.

As I understand it, despite being constantly referred to on the BBC as 'amateurs' all of Tahiti's players (apart from Vahirua who plays for a recently relegated Ligue 1 team in France) are semi-pro players. How good exactly one actually has to be to make it as a semi-pro in French Polynesia is another question however.

Despite their keystone-cop defending against Nigeria, Tahiti times showed moments of promise and at least the ability to string a few passes together and attack with some imagination and cohesiveness. By comparison I'm not sure what one could say about San Marino in this regard.

So if you were asking who'd win between the two teams then I suspect Tahiti would. If you were asking me who had a better chance of keeping the score tonight v Spain below 7 then I'd probably go for San Marino.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Gbear wrote: »

San Marino would maybe concede less but they never leave the 18 yard box. Tahiti would beat San Marino I'd guess.

Tahiti were playing a high defensive line but with no execution of the offside rule. In a way, I hope Spain do go for them and not settle at 2-0 because the game could be over in 1 minute then.

Spain could knock over 10+ in against either Tahiti or San Marino but its not their style. They'll hit them for 4-6 tonight imo and piss about with the ball in defence/midfield for most of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

I just saw a nice little story on the news about the match tonight.

Torres went on honeymoon to Tahiti 6 years ago. The tour guide who met him at the airport is lining up against him tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I want to see an unmerciful slaughtering of this Tahitian side tonight, purely for my own entertainment and also because i put a tenner on Spain -10.

carlop wrote: »
    I just saw a nice little story on the news about the match tonight.

Torres went on honeymoon to Tahiti 6 years ago. The tour guide who met him at the airport is lining up against him tonight.

Had a similar experience last week at 5 a side, we kicked off and i noticed the lad who done the tiles in my bathroom was in the oppo goal. Its a small world.

kryogen wrote: »
    So, how are the Neymar naysayers liking the tournament then?

He's been superb but to be fair now we hadnt seen alot of him beforehand to form a proper judgement. My own opinion was that he should prove himself in Europe before we can make a rational conclusion.

Based on the two games ive seen of him he looks unreal so far but he'll have plenty of football and a new culture to adapt to this coming season so in the meantime ill hold out on judging him further. Certainly he has the raw materials of a world class player....still early doors....just the cynic in me saying that now :)

I want to see an unmerciful slaughtering of this Tahitian side tonight, purely for my own entertainment and also because i put a tenner on Spain -10.

What odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Spain haven't scored more than six against anybody against since 1999, I'd be all over the unders markets if I was a betting man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Spain 1/500, Tahiti 1000/1, draw 40/1..

Oddly the Tahiti odd is kinda tempting. Spain could underestimate.. maybe..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Also Spain -8 is evens on sky bet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Spain haven't scored more than six against anybody against since 1999, I'd be all over the unders markets if I was a betting man.

How can you be over something that is "under" in it's nature :P

Any sign of the lineups yet?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Kind of amusing that the odds of the game finishing 15-0 are shorter than the odds of the game finishing 1-0 or 2-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Can't wait to see this raping. Looking forward to it. Hope Tahiti rot.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Neeson wrote: »
    Can't wait to see this raping. Looking forward to it. Hope Tahiti rot.
    May want to rephrase that.
    And why all the hate for Tahiti?

May want to rephrase that.
    And why all the hate for Tahiti?

I don't hate them at all. But they are terrible and I want to see a goal every 5-10 minutes for the craic. It's not often you get the chance of seeing such a game.

Kenny Cunningham will be in the studio with Richie tonight. Probably for the best.

Ryle Nugent probably told him to take the night off and spread his legs at home and whine at the plasma in his living room instead.

• Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

Yeah but they've only been the best in the world since about 2006-8

I'm so sure they won't that I'll say this, if Spain score double figures I'll never post on this forum again.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭Dr_Brian_Cocks

I'm so sure they won't that I'll say this, if Spain score double figures I'll never post on this forum again.

What do you think Spain will do though?

The Tahitian manager said he doesn't care if Spain score 15 or 20 goals as long as they get a goal. Said they won't park the bus. So you'd expect Spain to create a chance every 5 minutes or so? Should take 5 in the first half. Nigeria scored a few in quick succession the last day against them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Just to clarify, it's the soccer forum that you'll never be posting in again?

Tried doing an accum bet on spain players to score at any point in the game, entered 4 or 5 of them. PP site would not accept.

:(

I don't hate them at all. But they are terrible and I want to see a goal every 5-10 minutes for the craic. It's not often you get the chance of seeing such a game.

Were you not on the other day. Allot of us were hoping to see them score against Nigeria.

Nigeria being cr@p though may have attributed to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

quoted for posterity

irish-stew wrote: »
    Were you not on the other day. Allot of us were hoping to see them score against Nigeria.

Nigeria being cr@p though may have attributed to that.

I suppose it would be great to see them get another goal bit I hope they get raped in the other end as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Tom_Cruise

I love tahiti, but i really want Spain to score many, many goals.

12-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tried doing an accum bet on spain players to score at any point in the game, entered 4 or 5 of them. PP site would not accept.

:(
    Nor will they ever unless they are doing a special offer.

Just reading some of the posts, i'm guessing that a few of us have handicap bets on spain.

:D

Loved that opening feature on BBC3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

6-0 to Spain

• Advertisement

I suppose it would be great to see them get another goal bit I hope they get raped in the other end as well.

Welcome to boards Mr. Pardew, tell Joe Kinear i said he's a silly goose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's simply a case of whether they want to.

Robbie Savage making the exact same point as he did for the Tahiti v Nigeria game re at the end of your career, the stats just give how many goals you scored, and not who they were against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Every Spain player to score apart from Torres.

Loved that opening feature on BBC3

Yeah. All them upsets will be small fry if Tahiti beat Spain.

LMAO. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Here you go. Something to keep us occupied before the match. Biggest loss in international football.

CSF wrote: »
    Nor will they ever unless they are doing a special offer.

Is that just because of the individual match, or that apply to all games?

Johner wrote: »
    Every Spain player to score apart from Torres.

Goal keeper and three subs as well.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Disappointed to see some people here want Tahiti to get crushed! :eek:

I'm NOT!!! Hoping for the best for them! Best of luck boys! You're doing your country proud! :)

Go Tahiti!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,581 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is that just because of the individual match, or that apply to all games?
    All games, it is seen as a conflictor bet. You can't bet on 2 outcomes on the 1 match together unless they've specifically packaged it that way ie. wincasts etc and with those bets the accumulated price isn't the same as the price you'll get, because one outcome makes the other more likely etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement