Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

assistant eyeballs Marcelo.

awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

That was a goal rebel ;)
    Italy are worth an equalizer at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Marcelo looks like a mad man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Are they using the goal line technology at this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Are they using the goal line technology at this?

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

The big question of the tournament... Who's worse, Ray Houghton or Mark Lawrenson??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Italy have lot of the ball but lack creativity. For 75 min they were pretty poor really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The big question of the tournament... Who's worse, Ray Houghton or Mark Lawrenson??

Lawrenson. No contest.
    Game over now.

Lawro complains more but Ray is so bad he'd nearly want to give Balotelli advice at taking penos.
    Bad by Buffon there.

Fred again !!

Its a fair score line. Italy is too cynical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

2 goals Buffon has been at fault for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Everytime there's a goal I'm not sure if they've given it or not .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Over 90 min Brazil deserve to win. Wonder when the last time Italy have conceded 7 goals in 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Where's Fred?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Lawro's awful attempts to be funny means he edges Houghton for the title imo.

Super cross from Mario there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

More insipid stuff from Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Houghton just declared that Brazil won't win the world cup next year

Get your money on now I'd say!

murpho999 wrote: »

In fairness, I'd say he's bang on the money there.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Wonder when the last time Italy have conceded 7 goals in 2 games.

The worst part is Brazil hardly created much either it was a load of mistakes tbh and a decision or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I reckon if Italy were at full strength they would of won this match, Pirlo is a huge miss for them

murpho999 wrote: »

Spain cruising in internationals though and can't see this Brasilian team outdoing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Headshot wrote: »
    I reckon if Italy were at full strength they would of won this match, Pirlo is a huge miss for them

Yeah I wasn't hugely impressed by Brazil . De Rossi & Pirlo were missed big time by Italy .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Even with the second choice midfield I still didn't expect Italy to be turned over so easily. Poor match by all accounts, Brazil still didn't look great value for their win, hard to see either team beat Spain, although I'd still fancy Italy more to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Spain cruising in internationals though and can't see this Brasilian team outdoing them.

Theyve hardly been tested though.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »

Agree there. A midfield of Pirlo, De Rossi and Montolivo and it would have been a different story imo.

Thought that the referee was incredibly biased towards Brazil and they have kept the trend of referee's giving Brazil every 50/50 decision throughout the tournament.

The first goal was offside.

The third was never a free kick.

I dunno what the referee was doing when he gave a goal after blowing for a penalty? (Wanted to see Balotelli take one against Cesar who he trained with for 3/4 years at Inter!)

At least we know Neymar will fit in well at Barcelona where he'll have stiff competition for who can win the most free kicks without being fouled!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Neymar is still a hugely over-rated player imo. He's a very good player, but no more than that.

Can see Germany taking Spain over 90 minutes. Spain are all tiki taki Germany are just so cut throat.

Did he call him Buffon, twice?

Tonight's game is hand on heart the first time I've seen neymar play. He was up against a not so great Italian defence and to be honest he didn't do to much.

All I can say is he's got half the barca way already instilled in him the amount of times he actually went down without as much as a touch was shocking, the 3rd goal I mean he ****ing kicked the Italian for gods sake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Neymar is still a hugely over-rated player imo. He's a very good player, but no more than that.

How many times have you seen him do you mind me asking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

he's 21
    i think he will be challenging for the Ballon D'or in 2-3 years
    he is an incredible talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

How many times have you seen him do you mind me asking?

To be fair, not many but a lot of the people calling him the new messi/pele/maradona haven't seen much of him either. I'd guess I've seen him play a dozen times, that might not be enough to give a totally accurate assessment, but I'm far from convinced he's all that he's cracked up to be. He'll have his opportunity next year to prove me wrong of course, and I hope he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Has anyone else been better than Neymar in the competition?? I cant think of many other standout peformances...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Can see Germany taking Spain over 90 minutes. Spain are all tiki taki Germany are just so cut throat.

I'll give you 5,000 Euro if Germany win the Confederations Cup.

Omackeral wrote: »

Germany is so jammy I would not allow anyone to bet against them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Mickalus

Omackeral wrote: »

You didn't specify which cup, so maybe the next Confed cup? 5k still valid for that?
    :P

miralize wrote: »
    Has anyone else been better than Neymar in the competition?? I cant think of many other standout peformances...

Iniesta had a great first game and would have put Tahiti to the sword on his own if he wanted to.

Balotelli has been excellent for Italy, as has Pirlo.

Torres has a 4:1 goals to games ratio :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Agree there. A midfield of Pirlo, De Rossi and Montolivo and it would have been a different story imo.

Thought that the referee was incredibly biased towards Brazil and they have kept the trend of referee's giving Brazil every 50/50 decision throughout the tournament.

The first goal was offside.

The third was never a free kick.

I dunno what the referee was doing when he gave a goal after blowing for a penalty? (Wanted to see Balotelli take one against Cesar who he trained with for 3/4 years at Inter!)

At least we know Neymar will fit in well at Barcelona where he'll have stiff competition for who can win the most free kicks without being fouled!

That last paragraph is ridiculous, honestly that's far too much bitterness in a thread not even involving Barcelona.

Personally I thought the freekick decision for the Neymar goal was a pretty standard decision.

aindriu80 wrote: »
    Germany are so jammy good I would not allow anyone to bet against them.

I've already put money on them to win the WC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That last paragraph is ridiculous, honestly that's far too much bitterness in a thread not even involving Barcelona.

Personally I thought the freekick decision for the Neymar goal was a pretty standard decision.

It was a standard decision in that it was a good dive, which is usually given, yes.

Standard decision is right. Free kicks given to Neymar in this tournament, regardless of being fouled, have been the standard decision.

I'm not bitter about anythng? I'm stating that it is my opinion that Brazil have received preferential treatment (Neymar in particular) in this competition and it is most likely due to the crowd being entirely Brazilian and the referees buckling under the pressure.

If you think that Neymar was fouled for that free kick which led to the goal.... There's nothing to even say to that really :rolleyes:

Corholio wrote: »
    The 'neymar haters be mad' stuff everytime he does something good is quite sad really.

Here here. Ive nothing against Neymar and Its clear he has great ability but i just felt that he needed to give the good performances at a higher level before anyone could make a proper judgement on him based on the fact that many the player in the past has been overrated way too early (Namely Denilson for Real Betis who cost 22m and was a flop)

how was the ref biased for Brasil?
    he gave them plenty of yellows & let the Italy goal stand after giving penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Standard decision is right. Free kicks given to Neymar in this tournament, regardless of being fouled, have been the standard decision.

I'm not bitter about anythng? I'm stating that it is my opinion that Brazil have received preferential treatment (Neymar in particular) in this competition and it is most likely due to the crowd being entirely Brazilian and the referees buckling under the pressure.

If you think that Neymar was fouled for that free kick which led to the goal.... There's nothing to even say to that really :rolleyes:

Maggio gets in his path and there's a tangle of legs. It may be debatable that Neymar connected with his long on purpose but it is just that, debatable, the referee called it as he saw it and your claims that it's a blatant dive cant be proved unless you have the ability to read Neymar's mind, the dig at Barcelona was also childish.

ppl are forgetting Neymar is coming up against players 2-3 stone heavier than him too
    so he is always going to go down easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Neymars weight is definitely a factor but it definitely looked like he kicked into the Italian for the free kick he scored from.

All that said this crap about the Barca way is pathetic. I don't support any team because soccer is blighted with divers. No one team has is filled with divers. It's just a lot of individual players scattered around the world. Feigning is endemic in the sport and until fifa bring in retrospective punishments and decisions it will continue to be case. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

MD1990 wrote: »
    how was the ref biased for Brasil?
    he gave them plenty of yellows & let the Italy goal stand after giving penalty

He was just a poor ref in general imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,046 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Indeed, todays ref was so bad I'm not sure he could have been biased even if he wanted to.
    Seriously, like. Uzbekistan. What the fuck?!

• Advertisement

Maggio gets in his path and there's a tangle of legs. It may be debatable that Neymar connected with his long on purpose but it is just that, debatable, the referee called it as he saw it and your claims that it's a blatant dive cant be proved unless you have the ability to read Neymar's mind, the dig at Barcelona was also childish.

I never said it was a blatant dive and my criticism is more of the officials than it is of Brazil and/or Neymar. And I never slated Neymar or said he wasn't a good player either.

He is renown for going down very easily. My point is that the officials give in to much to the pressure of the home crowd. They clearly were not up to the task of officiating this match tonight and, imo, the decisions they gave against Italy/ to Brazil had a huge influence on the outcome of the match tonight.

Advertisement