Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If you have freesat its on BBC HD 980.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I cant get this on sky hd? anyone had any luck? only thing on red button is glastonbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    I cant get this on sky hd? anyone had any luck? only thing on red button is glastonbury.

its not on Sky HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Super finish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Great saves from Buffon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Italy starting to look tired.

Beauty!

Guess he was peeved at having his first goal taken off him.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Two great free-kicks now :eek:

What a goal by Cavani :eek:

Holy sh*t!:eek:

Amazing!
    Two excellent free kick goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Entertaining game and the players seem to be taking it very seriously, in the case of some of Uruguay's tackling possibly a little too much so.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

its not on the red button?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

What channel is it on cant find it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its not on SKY or UPC.

Freesat and Freeview only (and Virgin UK)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

The 3rd place play off isint on tv unless youve sky and the red button and the final is at 11 in the night >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

What channel is it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

What channel is it on

Just have a read back over the last 1,000 posts on this thread and you should find it.

Now for an actual post on the match - penos looking likely. Wonder if we will get another near flawless display.

Forlan's penalty saved. Save from Buffon.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Terrible from Forlan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Some poor penalties from Uruguay there

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Italy win. Buffon saves 3 penalties.

Well done Italy. Some terrible peno's from Uruguay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

RTE's stupid online stream broke on the 2nd last penalty. Typical :(

Congrats Italy.

Overall I think they deserved it. Thought Montilivo second yellow was a deserved yellow but it was his first foul on a yellow. Harsh red imo.

Love Italy tbh. Uruguay's penalties were worse than England's.:pac:
    Do some team not rehearse them at all or something? :confused:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Fair play to Buffon for making the saves, but they were some poor penalties from Uruguay.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know what station the Uruguay v Italy match is on?

Is it in HD? Can someone call round to my gaff and point my satellite in the right direction? What does the red button do? My dog chewed the remote a bit, is that ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,617 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Its over now

Oh never mind :o Gonna blame that one on the hangover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

keith16 wrote: »

Is it in HD? Can someone call round to my gaff and point my satellite in the right direction? What does the red button do? My dog chewed the remote a bit, is that ok?

That is very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Any streams?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any streams?

It's kind of over :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

the game that was shown on BBC 3 was also on BBC 303 HD all the time as well

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Any streams?

I'm sorry but my internet crashed before I was able to finish reading your post.

Any what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

SantryRed wrote: »
    It's kind of over :pac:

There's a joke kind of going over your head. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

Is there any word on whether there will be extra stretchers in action during this game incase neymar and busquets breathe on each other?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is there any word on whether there will be extra stretchers in action during this game incase neymar and busquets breathe on each other?

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭klose

Rumour that mata is starting in the front 3 and torres too. Thought soldado would come back in after the italy game. Surprising to see mata play rw if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

From Marca.com

Casillas, Arbeloa, Ramos, Pique, Alba, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Mata and Fernando Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It's an interesting decision from Del Bosque to make in the final. He's been loyal to a core group of players who have brought him success and Silva has been among that group. That being said Silva was very poor in the semi final, his touch and passing were off, his positioning was an issue and his defensive work caused Spain lots of problems. Mata was very good when he came on and has had a stronger season than Silva,delighted to see him start in the final, I think he deserves it.

Torres is a tough one, poor against Italy but then Soldado really fluffed his lines against Nigeria and it's possibly he hasn't fully recovered from the knock he took. Shame Fabregas also seems to not have fully recovered.

It's an interesting decision from Del Bosque to make in the final. He's been loyal to a core group of players who have brought him success and Silva has been among that group. That being said Silva was very poor in the semi final, his touch and passing were off, his positioning was an issue and his defensive work caused Spain lots of problems. Mata was very good when he came on and has had a stronger season than Silva,delighted to see him start in the final, I think he deserves it.

Torres is a tough one, poor against Italy but then Soldado really fluffed his lines against Nigeria and it's possibly he hasn't fully recovered from the knock he took. Shame Fabregas also seems to not have fully recovered.

Do you reckon Fabregas will stay at Barca?

Do you reckon Fabregas will stay at Barca?

I think so. Leaving now would be admitting defeat to himself and the world really after all of the fuss he made about going back "home." He had a good second half to the season after a really poor first half, tbh I wouldn't be that surprised if he is used more in the front 3 next season at Barcelona than the midfield 3, assuming Thiago stays. It's just been tough to find a place for him in the 4-3-3 that Tito favours and the theory has been that he isn't as effective when Messi plays because Messi operates in the space his space.

Personally I like Fabregas, he is really a player that divides opinion among Barcelona fans. Some say he cost too much, that he wasn't needed, that he shouldn't have left in the first place and that his performances since coming back just haven't been good enough. I can see where people are coming from with that argument, he's more direct than Xavi or Iniesta and I always think that if you have a chance of having a player as good as Fabregas at your club then keep him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

do you know if the buy first refusal deal for arsenal actually exists?

batistuta9 wrote: »
    do you know if the buy first refusal deal for arsenal actually exists?

As far as I know it's not been officially confirmed by anyone connected to Barcelona but, given the cut-price deal, it's widely believed to exist. That information comes from Barcelona fans better placed to have that sort of knowledge than me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Fabregas has always been entirely overrated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Clarence Seedorf <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Shame Fabregas isn't fit, he's been important for Spain this tournament imo.

Brazil have to exploit Alba with not so much protection now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The whole thing of anyone 'following' Spain is pretty hollow and kinda silly to be honest. We all admire them and their domination but to support them at all times is a bit much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

G.K. wrote: »
    Shame Fabregas isn't fit, he's been important for Spain this tournament imo.

Brazil have to exploit Alba with not so much protection now...

Alba got eaten alive the last nite but I see Spain with a lot more of the ball tonite than they had Thursday. I'd of played Navas too, if for nothing maybe that he'd be a bit fresher than Pedro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I can't see past Spain.

Brazil's only chances are a lazy Spain, or if they can get at Alba.

Don't agree that Cesc is overrated. He was sublime for the first half of the season for Barca. A key component in their very good form. They need to learn to manage him better so he doesn't start struggling with niggling injuries at the more crucial times in the season.

Cannot for the life of me see why they'd start with Torres. :confused: Soldado's been excellent all season. I mean, the guy only had one relatively poor game.:confused:

Alba needs more cover this game. Silva was no help to him. Spain's defensive systems leaves the wings back more exposes. They compact the space around the box leaving the wings opens. The reasoning being they're less likely to concede through the wings than from a more centre attack. Also keeping the compactness preserves full back stamina so they can have a greater impact towards the end of the game.

Also, cannot see why Hulk should be starting. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Agree on Hulk shouldnt start. For such a big guy with a bit of pace, he doesnt use either anywhere near enough. Lazy to track back too.

Advertisement