Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Goal goal goal. Neymar with a breathtaking strike from out of this world town. Amazing. Stunning. Remarkable. Brilliant. Unbelievable. Magnificent. Dislodging the crown from the top of the Spanish head. This is how football should be played.

Andersonisgod during the first half.

stewiebeingscared.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Sacramento wrote: »
    Anyone criticising Casillas, just no.

He was awful for the first goal and his distribution has been poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Bar the 2 bad passes that almost let Brazil in, this has had little to do with Spain being bad.

It's all about Brazil playing with accuracy, and at an insane pace.

Sacramento wrote: »
    Anyone criticising Casillas, just no.

Near post over his head.....er yes deserving. He has been terrible. No reactionary instincts whatsoever.

Arbeloa is woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Can't remember the last time Spain were 2 goals down? Best team I've ever seen when they have a lead, interested to see what they do now. Brilliant stuff by Brazil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Spain haven't got enough attacking options. Really need Fabregas imo to provide another threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So... Who would prefer to watch Spain pass the ball around 50 million times now? THIS is entertainment.

The way I like to watch soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Oh what an amazing goal, the awareness of Neymar and Oscar terrific, the booming finish was sublime. What a player.

Arbeloa awful in the build up to that.

Brazil look v good tonight. They really have Spain ratled.

Have they found out how to beat the Spainish style of passing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Kilkenny and Spain being beaten in the same weekend. Okay, who ran over a black cat, walked under a ladder and broke a mirror?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Johner wrote: »
    Andersonisgod during the first half.

stewiebeingscared.gif

It begins....

Was wondering if the troll bait would start now or after the third goal goes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Brazil should just tiki taka in the second half, there would be a simultaneous explosion of heads around the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Near post over his head.....er yes deserving. He has been terrible. No reactionary instincts whatsoever.

Christ you are clueless. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ronnie eating a nice dollop of humble pie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

That was a fantastic clearance by Luiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Arbeloa is woeful.

You crazy cat, no goalie would have saved that. Was in the net before the brain could send a signal to the hands to react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I love how Ronnie says they gave them 'a bit' of stick 'before' the tournament. How about a lot of stick all through the tournament Ronnie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

From a Spanish point of view that was shocking. Yes there are a few circumstances that have been against them, exhaustion, patchy pitch and playing against this incredible home crowd. All of that being said there's been obvious issues, Torres playing up front for Spain has always been a paradox, in a big game like this they've paid for it. Arbeloa's been awful, really awful. If Fabregas was fit tonight I really think he would have started ahead of Torres. Alonso's been a big miss all tournament, never more so than tonight.

Brazil have been terrific, Neymar and Luiz sublime, Paulinho and Gustavo giving the other players the platform to play with that aggressive pressing. The Brazil players look far more up for it, fitter and are playing with far more verve and conviction.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

What's story with rte player not working?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

So... Who would prefer to watch Spain pass the ball around 50 million times now? THIS is entertainment.

I love watching Spain, a lot of people give them unfair criticism because they are envious of the success of the Spainish style.

The real question is whether this is a one-off game whereby Spain are just really tired after the semi-final or is it a case that Spain just can't handle the high pressing game?... I'm not sure!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Corholio wrote: »
    I love how Ronnie says they gave them 'a bit' of stick 'before' the tournament. How about a lot of stick all through the tournament Ronnie.

Ya and all of a sudden Brazil are one of the top 2 teams in the world. Jeez he's fairly changed his tune

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Can't remember the last time Spain were 2 goals down? Best team I've ever seen when they have a lead, interested to see what they do now. Brilliant stuff by Brazil.

Confederations semi-final in 2009 against America. They lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

The current Brazil side are the best international team we've seen since the much-vaunted Spanish conquistadors of 1 hour ago.

This has been a fantastic tournament.

I'm so pumped for the main event next summer now. Brilliant 45 minutes of football.

From a Spanish point of view that was shocking. Yes there are a few circumstances that have been against them, exhaustion, patchy pitch and playing against this incredible home crowd. All of that being said there's been obvious issues, Torres playing up front for Spain has always been a paradox, in a big game like this they've paid for it. Arbeloa's been awful, really awful. If Fabregas was fit tonight I really think he would have started ahead of Torres. Alonso's been a big miss all tournament, never more so than tonight.

Brazil have been terrific, Neymar and Luiz sublime, Paulinho and Gustavo giving the other players the platform to play with that aggressive pressing. The Brazil players look far more up for it, fitter and are playing with far more verve and conviction.

3 sentences before excuses. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I didnt know discussion was prohibited...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Disagree about Alonso being missing being a problem. He's another one who'll be shut off by the pressing. Spain need players who can beat men, like Iniesta, not those who sit further back. Busquets and Xavi are enough in that dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Actually he snuck at least three into his second sentence.

miralize wrote: »
    I didnt know discussion was prohibited...

???

Who's prohibiting discussion?

Banjaxed82 wrote: »
    You crazy cat, no goalie would have saved that. Was in the net before the brain could send a signal to the hands to react.

It had power i wont dispute that but its right over his head for god sake.
    Just watch Casillas. He didnt dive for half those penalties the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Hmmm Sapin @ 17/1 to win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Super-Rush wrote: »

24/1 on betfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Id say he was rattled after he was paneakad for the first one, a penelty goes left right or central so staying in the middle is as viable as diving to wither side technically.

I still think reina or valdes could have played more in the tournament though, no harm in leting em as they are both good keepers

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

luizdenies.gif

neymarstrikes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Super-Rush wrote: »

Throwing it away...

Kirby wrote: »
    Christ you are clueless. :o

How real grown up of you. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Surely Torres off for villa maybe and navas on. Spain need someone with a bit of pace and able to beat someone.

I wouldnt count Spain out of it just yet. If they score first in 2nd half, Brazil will get nervy, crowd will get nervy. Luiz, Marcelo etc always likely to lose the head when under pressure.

Hopefully Brazil go about it the same way as the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Some good free kicks in the 3/4th place playoff! Just saw the highlights on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

I think he's definitely seen better days. Not disputing that.

But Neymar's goal would only have been prevented if the goalkeeper had been in the starting position of already having his hands over his head, which would never be the case....for any goal keeper. Unstoppable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Spain need to take Torres out asap. Its breaking down every time he gets possession in the final third.

Soldado would do a better job of retaining possession and allow Pedro and Mata to run off him

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Disagree about Alonso being missing being a problem. He's another one who'll be shut off by the pressing. Spain need players who can beat men, like Iniesta, not those who sit further back. Busquets and Xavi are enough in that dept.

Fair enough, I think his defensive awareness and quicker distribution help a lot, it also gives Xavi the chance to play a bit higher up. Really when Alonso, Busquets, Xavi and Iniesta all play it's about maximising possession, something they just haven't done tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Need to throw Navas on, here's his chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Azpilicueta on for Arbeloa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Nuri Sahin - if it's in gif format, he has it.

I guess you could say he's the man who just keeps on giffing. YEEAHHHH!

sorry.

This is the sort of game Alonso would(and has) struggled in.

They could use Martinez on the pitch imo.

Soldado would be a better option then Torres too. Too late now though, they won't score 3 times without reply.

Need to throw Navas on, here's his chance.

You could say its his time to shine

And so ends arbeloas international career

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Arbeloa off, good move.

Well there goes Arbeloa, hopefully we don't see him play in a competitive tournament game again.

• Advertisement

Torres still on :confused:

Advertisement