Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

jebforever wrote: »
    Good shout.

what ya get when they are so many nutters on the pitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Neymar is just such a great player, thankfully Barcelona signed him before this tournament, otherwise he may have cost a bit more than he did.

Ah he probably wouldn't though

Everybody (almost) knew of his potential, and his contract......

Hopefully he does get the head down and fulfil his potential, shame it will be at Barca though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 620 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

I was expecting Ramos to give Neymar a good "welcome to La Liga" kick. Didn't think it would be one of his new barça buddies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Headshot wrote: »
    pique one of the most over rated defenders around

Yet again he's found out tonight

Not having that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Spain well and truly debunked tonight. Looks like they are on the way out of the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Hulk didn't get booed. They are really happy tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

kryogen wrote: »
    Am I the only one feeling pretty smug right now?

Deligthed here!
    keith16 wrote: »
    Sergio Busquets is enough for me to hate an entire nation, and all who dwell within it.

Once again, nonsense like this :confused:

Anyway, Spain really aren't at the races tonight, only Iniesta showed up for them. Brazil are the far superior team tonight, and are deservedly winning handsomely.

Going to make for a cracking rematch if they meet again in 12 months time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Don't get the hate for Spain here at all.

Over the last 5 years they have been one of the greatest international teams of all time and they will still be a threat next years world cup and are good to watch when on form.

Think the semi in the heat on Wednesday has affected them here.

Damn bloody diver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ugh.

Neymar.

Why does such a great player have to be such a horrible diving shít!!!! WHY????!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Whether or not Spain are tired after the Italy game, here's the way to beat them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Xavi knew what was coming....

BOC37ZLCQAAVOiD.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

darced wrote: »
    It almost feel's like..............low level trolling:eek:
    Nope, just differing opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Neymar is just such a great player, thankfully Barcelona signed him before this tournament, otherwise he may have cost a bit more than he did.

Yeah he'll fit right in at Barca

vtS11A3.gif

#Pray4Neymar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

murpho999 wrote: »

Over the last 5 years they have been one of the greatest international teams of all time and they will still be a threat next years world cup and are good to watch when on form.

The heat? Cant teams just lose with pride these days. Brazil been far and away the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Um they're not Irish.. They are well used to the heat and most of them would have spent years playing in the heat and be well used to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Deserved a goal for that. Superb skill from Neymar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Thiago silva is too good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Rio will be great craic tonight. The partying after this one will be second to none.

Man I love Silva, that's a proper defender for ya

Best in the world

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

They were always behind, Pedro's miss and the penalty, the red card. It's not their night.

Once again though, like Italy and Portugal before them - the way to play Spain is to attack them. You need technical players like Brazil have to do it. Not defending your own six yard box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

expected a closer game tonight, brazil worthy winners

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

'Does this give Brazil confidence for the World Cup ?'

Edward-Norton-Closing-Laptop.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I do agree with you on everything bar that, I never enjoy watching Spain play it's like watching Barcelona in slow motion.

But credit were credit is due there are a terrific team with and ridiculous abundance of talent and have earned everything they have won.

But I'm still going for Germany in the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Gary Lineker @GaryLineker

Shakira clearly upset that Pique has finished early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Once again, nonsense like this :confused:

Anyway, Spain really aren't at the races tonight, only Iniesta showed up for them. Brazil are the far superior team tonight, and are deservedly winning handsomely.

Going to make for a cracking rematch if they meet again in 12 months time

Relax, it was tongue in cheek. In any case, there are very valid reasons for peoples dislike of Spain which have already been outlined for you. Care to respond to that with something a little less dismissive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its idiotic to say that teams like spain and barca are finished. These teams had forgotten what its like to loose and dont fear it anymore, nothing a good hammering to help that. Both teams will come back stronger they have won it all and still contain the worlds best players. Look at the underage spain teams its a conveyor belt of talent.

I do think this tika taka style is been found out though due to the distinct lake of pace and if you close down the midfield quick enough its not an effective system. I enjoy watching barcelona/spain but there is no substitute for good ol' fashioned attacking football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

taking the pìss bringing Jo on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

They bore some to tears with their football. When they play a minnow it looks great as they just dance around them but against a side that can defend its like watching paint dry. They don't change tactics either when its not working, no plan b and they resort to diving like submarines and surrounding the refs. Football played in the right way me arse, they are really sore losers too.

Glad Piques gone, they should be down to eight men by now. I hope Brazil grab another 3 goals.

They haven't needed a plan b in about 6 years, they had beaten all before them before tonight
    darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It was an honest question that just went against the tide of abuse against Spain, I just dont see where it all stems from.
    If commentators bang on about the way Spain play being the best , most attractive football yadda yadda yadda, hate the commentators, not the team.
    They go out to win games, like every other eleven that takes the pitch

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Ugh, plonker with an iPad in the crowd..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

what a save. That was a goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

Nice save.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The poster who had both teams to score must be tearing his hair out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Corholio wrote: »
    The heat? Cant teams just lose with pride these days. Brazil been far and away the better team.
    garv123 wrote: »
    Um they're not Irish.. They are well used to the heat and most of them would have spent years playing in the heat and be well used to it.

Sorry but have you every been to the tropics?

It's a different kettle of fish to nice summers in Spain.

The humidity is energy sapping, and even the commentators said it was the most uncomfortable city regarding termperature they had been to.

Playing 120 minutes plus penalties would definitely have an impact.

Jo on ?

Taking the piss or what :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Aside from Cesc and Alonso, next years world cup the likes of Isco will come into contention. Brazil sprung from the long grass and ambushed a tired Spain tonight. Next time though Spain will be ready for them although i think Germany will be strong enough to beat either and Italy will improve in the next year

Unless the Spanish FA can get the entire squad to sit on their holes for the next 12 months,I don't see how they'll be less "tired" than tonight.
    The Spanish have become more and more defensive over the years and failed to evolve against increasingly better attacking players.
    Also. And this is completely a personal opinion, but Pique, Ramos and Arbeloa are absolutely muck defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That_Guy wrote: »
    The poster who had both teams to score must be tearing his hair out. :pac:

I had both teams to score and Spain to win 5/1 no wonder odds where so good!

Ramos again

My god the definition of dodgy

• Advertisement

Brazil tiki takiying Spain now.

Del Bosque looks clueless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Banjaxed82

Unless the Spanish FA can get the entire squad to sit on their holes for the next 12 months,I don't see how they'll be less "tired" than tonight.
    The Spanish have become more and more defensive over the years and failed to evolve against increasingly better attacking players.
    Also. And this is completely a personal opinion, but Pique, Ramos and Arbeloa are absolutely muck defenders.

Have Spain already qualified for the World Cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

G.K. wrote: »
    Whether or not Spain are tired after the Italy game, here's the way to beat them.

Spain dead and buried.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ugh, plonker with an iPad in the crowd..

1372635745085.jpg

-_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jelle1880 wrote: »

To be fair, what can he do at this stage? I've sat on the sidelines in charge of a side 3-0 down. It's hard going. You can make a tactical change or two but its up to the players to buck up.

Shameless plug. We ended up winning 4-3 with my keeper making a last minute peno save. My proudest moment of my managerial career. I took them all for pizza afterwards. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

You're down to 10 men, missed a penalty and 3-0 down..what would you recommend?

Kirby wrote: »
    To be fair, what can he do at this stage? I've sat on the sidelines in charge of a side 3-0 down. It's hard going. You can make a tactical change or two but its up to the players to buck up.

Shameless plug. We ended up winning 4-3 with my keeper making a last minute peno save. My proudest moment of my managerial career. I took them all for pizza afterwards. :D

Football Manager is a cracking good game :D

Kirby wrote: »

It's not Football Manager though :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Football Manager is a cracking good game :D
    It's not Football Manager though :pac:

Nono. Real life. The highs and lows are much, much larger. We won he league because of that comeback. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement