Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Confederations cup 15th-30th june

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    It's not Football Manager though :pac:
    Football Manager is a cracking good game :D

:pac:

Spain had their chances tonight all the same. Alot of the big guns like Villa, Navas and Cesc didnt start either....I think this defeat could really refocus them for next years world cup.

Im convinced Brazil arent all that. England made them look very ordinary a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    1372635745085.jpg

-_-

The guy in the left background does not look impressed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Fantasic win for Brazil, fair play to them.
    Spain had their chances but failed to take them or just good goal keeping keeping them out. Either way, only one of the two teams looked up for it and it shows in the scoreline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Anyone think that the Spanish players are probably burnt out at this stage, they are essentially barca with a couple of players and they don't rotate too much.

Then this is the second summer in a row they have a long international campaign after the domestic season?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Still can't believe that commentators use the FIFA ranking as a measure of quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

Its all over. Fabulous !!!
    Brasil well deserve it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Poor USA not getting the credit on rte for being the last team to keep a clean sheet against Spain in a competitive match until tonight.

Next summer will be massive for Spain.

Great teams have the ability to recover.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Gonna be a different Spain team in the finals next year. Suppose they do have a fairly ok panel to pick from

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Kirby wrote: »
    Nono. Real life. The highs and lows are much, much larger. We won he league because of that comeback. :)

Of course, just kidding with you. Fair play.

I was once 9-0 nil down in sets to my boss in a game of squash on a timed court. I hit the point to complete the 9-10 comeback seconds before the light went out.

My glory days moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

Penalty, ****ing in there.

I had Both Teams to Score :D

We have a winner!!!!

Congratulations on post of the day,

From all of us on the soccer forum. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Great win for Brazil thoroughly deserved.

Anyone thinking Spain are being written off are trying to make an argument for themselves. Noones doing that.

It's great to see that much heart back in Brazilian football after a shaky few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Poor USA not getting the credit on rte for being the last team to keep a clean sheet against Spain in a competitive match until tonight.
    Italy in the semi-final, no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

If the world cup wasn't being played in Brazil next summer I'd still expect Spain, Germany and Argentina to finish ahead of them, but on home soil Brazil have a great chance.

• Advertisement

lmao wrote: »
    We have a winner!!!!

Congratulations on post of the day,

From all of us on the soccer forum. :D

Some of the posters here seem more interested in it than I am, it's not like I lost my life savings ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Next summer will be massive for Spain.

Great teams have the ability to recover.

This Spain team is finished. They wont be contenders next Summer. It will be Brazil, Germany, maybe Italy or Argentina that will be in the running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Great performance by Brazil.

I'd say a wiley old fox like Scolari would've targeted Spain early doors after a day less of rest and extra time and pens.

Coupled with the crowd Brazil played like mad men for the first 35 odd minutes.
    Neymar looks nearly as good as Ronaldo on the break. Same sort of outrageous pace, balance and technique.

I'd say he has everything technically and physically to be just as good as Ronaldo.
    For a lad who's nearly 6ft his balance is incredible.

Hopefully he doesn't do the pretty common Brazilian prodigy giving up thing at the age of 28 because partying and/or injury.

Some of the posters here seem more interested in it than I am, it's not like I lost my life savings ;)

Take your paddling and get on with it. It happens all of us ;)

Hansen, what the actual ****.

'I'm not impressed with Brazil, they are not a great team'

Is this guy for real or just another troll ?
    Lennonist wrote: »
    This Spain team is finished. They wont be contenders next Summer. It will be Brazil, Germany, maybe Italy or Argentina that will be in the running.

Aye ok, Spain is finished :D
    Remind me not to let you fill in my lottery numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

If this tournament thought me one thing is Neymar is not over-rated, he is a cracking player. Looking forward to seeing him rip up La Liga next season.

My only real gripe about him is he likes a dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭lmao

You set yourself up for the fall!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Obviously delighted for the Brazil players, fully deserved it on the night and there was some outstanding performances tonight, Neymar, Luiz, Gustavo, Oscar, Thiago Silva all brilliant.

For Spain, work to be done. Better to learn some lessons here tonight than next year at the World Cup. As an admirer of Spain I'm obviously disappointed but I still have complete faith in Spain and the Spanish style of play. They looked exhausted out there and in the semi finals, this is a side that desperately needs a rest, Xavi himself saying before the game that he's exhausted. The formation going into the World Cup must change, I'm not convinced that Spain need to play with a real number 9, to me this is now a squad that needs to maximise possession and to do that they need to go back to their Euro 2012 approach with 2 midfield enforcers. The great thing though is that Spain have options, many options to choose from, not least of all from their under 21 side. So yes my faith is unshaken.

Anyway credit to Brazil, overall a very enjoyable tournament with worthy winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Spain need to get a proper striker and stick with him thru and thin

the likes of Torres, Arbeloa, Ramos and Pique wouldnt get the Spain team I would pick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

I wanna take you to the Neymar.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Most impressive thing about Brazil's performance is that they maintained pressure from start to finish. Starved Spain of space on the ball. There have been teams who've done similar but cooled off as the match went on. Damn impressive.

Chuffed for Neymar in particular, he's a conte but a fair amount of people who've rarely if ever seen him aside from a few friendlies for the national team were spouting so much ****e about him over the past couple of years or so.
    At just 21 years old, Neymar (15) has surpassed Ronaldo & Müller's record of 14 goals with NT in one season.
    Neymar is one of 4 players to score 100 goals before he is 20. The other 3 are Brazilian Ronaldo, Pele and Maradona.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Whelan is a f*cking nonce

Spain are finished now apparently

Sadlier pulling him up on it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Gonna be a different Spain team in the finals next year. Suppose they do have a fairly ok panel to pick from

They need a bit of a shake up and some legs. Get Martinez in the team. Hope it ain't like France who were all a bit leggy in 2002.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

They might just be tired. The W.C is the real gig. No one has won C.C and go on and then win the W.C. Its only one game they lost.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Corholio wrote: »
    The heat? Cant teams just lose with pride these days. Brazil been far and away the better team.

Yes the heat - Spain is a very cold country and the players aren't used to perspiring so much during games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whelan is just awful

Good man Richie Sadlier. Most common sense pundit on that bananarama of a channel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Whelan hasn't a clue . Spain are still favourites for the WC for me .

donfers wrote: »
    Yes the heat - Spain is a very cold country and the players aren't used to perspiring so much during games

There's a massive difference between a warm day in Spain and a warm day in Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I wonder would Xavi consider retiring to reduce fatigue and injuries.
    It would benefit Barca and Spain would not feel compelled to play a player who is being over used as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Jax Teller wrote: »
    Whelan hasn't a clue . Spain are still favourites for the WC for me .

I'd have them up their alright. There are a number of teams who are just as good as them. Brazil are just as good. Germany would have to be up there. Italy on their day......... any of them could win it really. It's a tight run thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

The most average Brazilian team he had ever seen are now responsible for knocking Spain out of contention for a tournament 12 months away

How Whelan gets work on RTE is absolutely baffling, and its insulting to the viewer

Whatever about Dunphy, at least hes on a deliberate wind up most of the time, Whelan is just bad at his job. Also stating beforehand that Brazil were ranked 33rd in the World Rankings?

not good enough

Football Funnys ‏@FootballFunnys 26m
    Xavi just knew what was going to happen next...

BOC5mMVCAAExD5k.jpg:large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

There's a massive difference between a warm day in Spain and a warm day in Brazil.

The temperature at the start of the game was a massive 23 degrees, the poor crayturs must have never experienced anything like it

• Advertisement

Alan Hansen has just written Xavi off.

This Alan Hansen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1D5xVjuhM&feature=youtu.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

aindriu80 wrote: »
    They might just be tired. The W.C is the real gig. No one has won C.C and go on and then win the W.C. Its only one game they lost.

They're done man. They've had loads of success, more than they ever expected perhaps. They wont be contenders next Summer.

The most average Brazilian team he had ever seen are now responsible for knocking Spain out of contention for a tournament 12 months away

How Whelan gets work on RTE is absolutely baffling, and its insulting to the viewer

Whatever about Dunphy, at least hes on a deliberate wind up most of the time, Whelan is just bad at his job. Also stating beforehand that Brazil were ranked 33rd in the World Rankings?

not good enough

In fairness, as much as I wanted Brazil to win, nothing that had gone before even hinted at how they played tonight.

As it is theyre not a great Brazilian team. A good year could make a lot of difference though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

not good enough

I think he meant compared to past Brazilian teams and how they played in the group stages. relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Wow dunno if your serious. Spain will probably piss the world cup only team to touch them will be Germany.

donfers wrote: »
    The temperature at the start of the game was a massive 23 degrees, the poor crayturs must have never experienced anything like it

Have you ever heard of humidity ?

• Advertisement

Have you ever heard of humidity ?

The commentators said on several occasions that it was a nice fresh night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

What the **** is this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Alan Hansen has just written Xavi off.

This Alan Hansen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1D5xVjuhM&feature=youtu.be

You're better off ignoring some of these pundits, clueless. I'd really fancy that a good amount of posters on here have seen Xavi or Neymar play more than Hansen or Whelan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I'd still have Spain as contenders for the World Cup it be between Spain , Germany and Brazil anyone writing off Spain is just being ridiculous.

Super-Rush wrote: »
    The commentators said on several occasions that it was a nice fresh night.

The commentators are high in the stadium with a nice bottle of water next to them though ;)

For what it's worth, I don't think the weather was that bad though, they may have been tired but I'd wager (or maybe not :pac: ) that has more to do with the fact a lot of them have been playing pretty much non stop for the last few years.

A bit like Barcelona.

• Advertisement
Advertisement