Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Broadband issue

• 27-05-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I recently signed up to Sky Broadband from Vodafone due mainly to their unlimited download offer. I activated the account on the 14th May and everything was fine until a week later when I received a letter from Sky saying they were sorry I had cancelled their service:eek:. I hadn't!!!

The letter was dated May 14th. As I hadn't replied within 5 working days I couldn't cancel the cancellation request :confused:. Sky are saying that a third party says I am switching to from Sky to them, hence the cancellation request. I asked no-one else about broadband when I switched to Sky so I am very suspicious that the error is Sky's own fault. I re-ordered off Sky again but have to wait 2 weeks for re-connection :mad:

Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Perhaps it was a Sky mistake. If you didn't cancel it must have been.
    Put it down to bad luck and look forward to unlimited downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭vinniem

Yep, it cancelled because your still under contrat with VF. Same thing happened to me. Ring VF, and check...they put an order on your line if your in contract this automatically cancels the sky order :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

That's very interesting to know.
    I took it that the op was out of contract.

Advertisement