Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disposable Razors

• 27-05-2013 3:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭

I'm flying with Ryanair tomorrow and I was wondering - is it OK to bring a razor (Gillette Fusion) and set of blades as hand luggage to UK?

I've had a look on the Ryanair website and a few places via Google. I THINK it's OK but if anyone has first hand experience that'd be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I'm flying with Ryanair tomorrow and I was wondering - is it OK to bring a razor (Gillette Fusion) and set of blades as hand luggage to UK?

I've had a look on the Ryanair website and a few places via Google. I THINK it's OK but if anyone has first hand experience that'd be great.

It actually is fine! I only found out this last month.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Been four times through security this year and never had any problems with the same razor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Brilliant, thanks both of you. Have to say, I'm quite surprised that it's ok. Pleasantly surprised though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Razors to attack someone on a plane? No problem, but keep your super dangerous large tube of toothpaste in the hold.
    Ludicrous, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

I don't think safety razors could do much damage other than maybe scrape your skin. The issue with liquids in general is with the minimum amount they think one would need to create an explosive.
    Though I reckon there's a bit of bullsh!tting to the public to make them think they're doing something about it and to make them feel safer.

OP, flew with disposable razor blades in Europe recently without any issues. Though if you're flying out of the US, I'd double check, they tend to be a bit more anal about it than other countries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement