Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 week old puppy

• 27-05-2013 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭

Ok I have 4 puppies, 29 days old. For the past two nights, one of the puppies seems to have a very bad cough and just seems a bit chesty. Just looking at him now he seems to be otherwise in good form, playing with his brothers ect. I'm just worried about the cough, they are indoor puppies, they're not put outside for any period of time and are not mauled or picked up by anyone that isn't me and aren't around any other dogs except for their mammy.

I'm really worried about him, but money is really tight for me right now so can only afford the vet if this is an absolute emergency.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes, this is an emergency. A 4 week old pup can go downhill very quickly if sick, so please take this pup to the vets.

If it has picked up kennel cough it could be passed on to the rest of the litter so please bring it to the vet asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'd agree with above OP. If it is kennel cough it can be fatal in young puppies and it's highly contagious so unfortunately i wouldn't be hanging around waiting with this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

I concur, you should get the pup down to the vet ASAP, if its kennel cough it can be fatal at the age and highly contagious so you could end up with 4 very sick puppies on your hands. I wouldn't be waiting around on this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

my golden rule with puppies of this age is the same as i would be with kids err on the side of caution if funds are low any decent vet will allow you a bit of leeway with payments hopefully its not kennel cough but get there asap

Advertisement