Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CLay Shooting Grounds - south side of M50 toll...

Options
  • 27-05-2013 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Is there any clay shooting grounds/club on the South side of M50 toll that's open weekdays? I know there's Hempstown and Bray but they only shoot on Sundays (as far as I know)...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

You could ring Tommy in harbour house and I am sure he will sort you out. It is a great set-up and he is a character and will make it an enjoyable experience.
    http://www.harbourhouseshooting.com/contact_us.html

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

:D I know exactly how you feel man. Travelling from Tallaght to Ballbrigan everytime i want to shoot is a bit of a pain but I love that particular Shooting Grounds so I don't mind the extra diesel an toll charges. Hilltop are open every day except Monday as far as I know. The sporting section is small enough but they were quite good from what I remember. I only shot there once so I can't really speak from recent experience. It's not too far down the M11 either, handy enough to get to.

Hope that helps.

Cheers man and happy shooting!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭damanloox

juice1304 wrote: »
    You could ring Tommy in harbour house and I am sure he will sort you out.
    Any idea how much they charge non-members (with their own gun/insurance etc)?
    I don't mind the extra diesel an toll charges
    Well... It all adds up unfortunately... And a toll charge alone is a box of shells ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Hilltop has an extensive clay layout, compact ABT, Balltrap and Sporting and is 30 minutes from Tallaght!

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭skinnylizzy

Well... It all adds up unfortunately... And a toll charge alone is a box of shells ;)[/quote]

Ah yes, so true unfortunately. :)

You'll have to excuse my ignorance with regards to the "small" reference. I didnt mean any offence and as I said, I was only there the once, they obviously didn't show me the whole pacakge. My appologese if I gave the wrong impression. Hilltop is only 20mins from my door but I couldn't afford the initial sign up fee at the time. The yearly membership is quite reasonable If you can get over the first payment. It is a good set up. And you have the option of rifle and pistol too which is always handy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Harbour house is 15 euro for 50 clays for none members. Plus ammo. Or bring your own no hastle eitherway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭vapour_trail

The south side of dublin or dublin/wicklow border is in dior need of a good gun shop and shooting grounds(No offence to anyone already set up there :pac: ) Something like courtlough except not "la de daa " in the shop department. I dont think anyone has €190 to spend on a pair of trousers these days :rolleyes:
    A lad would make an absolute instant fortune if he had a good set up. Its badly needed out this way IMO.

@vapour_trail - give me some land and I'll bring the traps ;)

Ill bring some clays and my gun.

Hilltop is only 20mins from my door but I couldn't afford the initial sign up fee at the time. The yearly membership is quite reasonable If you can get over the first payment. It is a good set up. And you have the option of rifle and pistol too which is always handy :)

You don't have to be a member to shoot clays in Hilltop! More expensive for non members though, give them a call if you want to know prices.

• Advertisement

I rang them one day and I was told it was 5o euro
    For 50 birds. That's hardly right is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,976 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I rang them one day and I was told it was 5o euro
    For 50 birds. That's hardly right is it.

That's including the ammo and the gun, if ya already have them then it won't be full price.

Blay wrote: »
    That's including the ammo and the gun, if ya already have them then it won't be full price.

What money is it

I dont want to seem to be talking crap about places but I visited Hilltop this weekend gone for the first time and I wont be back, Ive heard numerous stories and got warnings about the place but it meant nothing to me as I hadnt been there to see for myself... thats all ill say on that matter.

A place with a nice clay layout, rimfire and even centrefire range - Even if you had somewhere that would allow .22 mags and .17hmrs. A good shop that you can walk in around and browse without having the order of malta on standby for when someone sees the price of things. Prices wouldnt have to be high because youd have business from all of dublin, wicklow , kildare etc where there is a massive shooting community. If I had the money Id do it in a heartbeat

Hopefully someone is reading this and will go build such a place. K Thanks :p

I dont want to seem to be talking crap about places but I visited Hilltop this weekend gone for the first time and I wont be back, Ive heard numerous stories and got warnings about the place but it meant nothing to me as I hadnt been there to see for myself... thats all ill say on that matter...
    :p

Were you shooting?

Hopefully someone is reading this and will go build such a place. :p
    if I only had the land... ;)

What money is it

I wouldn't know exactly tbh, I'm a member so I'm on different rates.

I wouldn't know exactly tbh, I'm a member so I'm on different rates.

Well how much is it for members I'd say Harbour house is still cheaper. I'd say now that's at a guess.

Well how much is it for members I'd say Harbour house is still cheaper. I'd say now that's at a guess.

22.50 for 50 if you buy the ammo as you shoot which I do. If ya buy your own ammo in bulk and make a saving ya can use it. I just buy as I shoot so its €10 ammo, €12.50 for the clays.

Rosahane wrote: »
    Were you shooting?

Brought the gun and left it in the car as I wanted to see what was the craic with the place first but no I decided not to shoot (not entirely my descision)

• Advertisement

22.50 for 50 if you buy the ammo as you shoot which I do. If ya buy your own ammo in bulk and make a saving ya can use it. I just buy as I shoot so its €10 ammo, €12.50 for the clays.

I fairness that's not bad for members. Harbour house is 15 for 50 and 5 euro a box of shells aswell. If your a member its 12 prity much the same as hilltop.

Brought the gun and left it in the car as I wanted to see what was the craic with the place first but no I decided not to shoot (not entirely my descision)

A non member really needs to book as they would need to be accompanied by a member of staff or possibly a member to trap for them. Hilltop doesn't have the counter things that are in Courtlough.
    There are usually air soft games running on Sundays so staffing is under pressure!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭jmrc

Sporting or DTL? try the Clay sports Ireland web page for more venues....

Advertisement