Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New modem slow speeds?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

ok i got the free upgrade from upc up to 50mb download speed i got the technicolour modem i saw that there was 2 wifi codes on it 2.4 ghz and 5ghz my laptop is old and could only pick up 2.4ghz signal but my speeds are identical to the 25mb so do i have to get a new laptop just so i can get my 50mb download speed because i think that is very unfair :( is there anyway i can get the 50 mb on the 2.4ghz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

GreenIrish wrote: »
    ok i got the free upgrade from upc up to 50mb download speed i got the technicolour modem i saw that there was 2 wifi codes on it 2.4 ghz and 5ghz my laptop is old and could only pick up 2.4ghz signal but my speeds are identical to the 25mb so do i have to get a new laptop just so i can get my 50mb download speed because i think that is very unfair :( is there anyway i can get the 50 mb on the 2.4ghz?

Sigh this comes up at least once a week, wifi is no way to test speed, the throughput on wifi can be anything really but it certainly won't be anywhere near 50Mbs...

You could get an N type dongle and see if that helps or go wired

Advertisement