Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocky Horror Picture Show screening

Options
  • 27-05-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,

I'm going to the open air Rocky Horror Picture Show screening in Temple Bar on Thursday.
    Was just wondering if others are going too/or went in the past and if so if they know whether it will be the whole shebang with dress up and dancing and all the good stuff??

I really hope so, as I've got my costume almost sorted :D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Are you allowed get pissed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

It's just a jump to the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

awww man thats too far away for me to go to.... why op why did you have to post that here.....its just teasing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JoRocket

I think they sell drink, but we will be prepared ;)

Sorry for the tease hoodwinked. if it makes you feel any better, it's sold out so no chance even if you lived close by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

There will definitely be people dressed up for it, there always is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

One thing has always bugged me.

Is a transvestite from transexual Transylvania someone who dresses as the sex they are now, or the sex they used to be?

brilliant, that's good to know.
    I suppose if now it will be my friends and I.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

How do you get tickets??

You have to dress up OP. It's a big part of the experience. What will you wear?

Really gutted that I'm not going :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

FCUK!!! I didnt know about this! :(

Is it tickets, and if so are they sold out?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Don't forget your toast and rice and water-pistols :)

@Karona - believe all tickets are gone. there was a website you had to register for. cos the tickets were free

@Strawberry - me and my friend are going as Magenta and Columbia. My ahir is Ginger so i'll be Columbia - just need to find a hat.

And yes i'm not too sure what sex a transexual transvestite exactly is meant to be - but that's the point isn't it? :D

orestes wrote: »
    Don't forget your toast and rice and water-pistols :)

good thinking! will do

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Whatever happened to Saturday night??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Am I the only one who thinks the Rocky Horror Picture show is the biggest steaming pile of grossly overrated piss ever written?!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Yes, yes you are.

Bet you feel alone now. Come, put on a pair of fishnet stockings and hug everyone.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

I went down to Harolds Cross to see it one time. Good film but what was with all those idiots dressing up and shouting things and throwing things and dancing in front of the screen? They ruined the whole picture :mad:

If you don't wanna party watch it at home.although even there it should be hard not to join in the dancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Use to go to Harolds Cross all the time. Was never one to dress up but knew a lot of the guys that acted it out up front and always good to get up and do the timewarp in a cinema. I'm sure it will be great fun OP, enjoy.

Yes thanks. I'm sure we will.
    Can't wait to get so e dance moves going.

• Advertisement

Moved from After Hours. Dublin City Charter now applies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I saw this at 15, didn't know what the **** was going on. It was actually a great night and one of the first nights I got drunk. This movie has a special place in my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

It's always on in Sugar Club every halloween isn't it? Didn't know you usually dressed up, would be a bit self-conscious.

Yeah it's a whole thing like a huge party! Not sure exactly where the tradition originated-but it's so much fun.
    I don't think there anything to be self conscious about.just embrace the show.pretty sure that's what Rocky Horror is all about.
    But I would agree that traditionally there is a culture in Ireland of being really easily embarrassed or self conscious about way too many things. Unless drink is involved,then anything goes.
    This is not to say I don't love Irish culture and people-just sometimes I'd like to shake you'd and say"who the f*** really cares??

Or in the name of Frank-n-furter: Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.

I'm looking forward to it anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Have been to the one in the Sugar Club a good few times, I know the girl that runs it & one of my friends is in the show (was also in the Harolds Cross one sometimes). It's great fun, esp at Halloween as it was just 1 big party & everyone in the place was dressed up - not necessarily as characters from the show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Oral Slang wrote: »
    I know the girl that runs it
    The Awesome Sarah. :)

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement