Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I bought a "Premium Code"

Options
  • 27-05-2013 5:22pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I bought a premium code on the cheap from gk4.me (having being referred there from http://www.dlcompare.com/ <-- warning, cheap games ahead, prepare your wallet).

Code's been emailed, I've tried entering it in "Activate Bonus Code" section on this page on WoT.eu - there doesn't seem to be anywhere else to put a code in. It's returning an Invalid Code error. Now, I'm fully prepared to accept there's been a mistake in the code I got sent and have flagged it with gk4.me, but I just thought I'd ask a friendly face if there was somewhere else I'm supposed to enter the code.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Go to worldoftanks.eu and login. On the drop down to the right of your name, there's the activate bonus code option.

But in general, only WG are the only valid source of gold, so there's a very good chance you've been ripped off.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I tried something different just now and it's worked :) The code was sent in 2 parts, and so I entered it as 2 separate codes and bingo. 10 days premium and 2500 gold for €7 isn't terrible I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well I tried something different just now and it's worked :) The code was sent in 2 parts, and so I entered it as 2 separate codes and bingo. 10 days premium and 2500 gold for €7 isn't terrible I think.
    That sounds very similar to the codes sold with the hard copies of the game; that deal is worth about 12 EUR (based on the 5500 gold for 19.95 EUR) so definitly a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Nody wrote: »
    That sounds very similar to the codes sold with the hard copies of the game; that deal is worth about 12 EUR (based on the 5500 gold for 19.95 EUR) so definitly a good deal.

thats exactly what it is

and the other code is for a new player only

I noticed as I was playing at lunch that it gave me the French Premium Tier 3 Tank Destroyer: http://worldoftanks.eu/encyclopedia/vehicles/france/fcm_36pak40/ - dunno if it was the other code or what, but it's a welcome bonus, I've been getting into TD play a bit more recently.

Still grinding away with my KV-1S though (just upgraded it's engine) and also an AMX.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,330 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I noticed as I was playing at lunch that it gave me the French Premium Tier 3 Tank Destroyer: http://worldoftanks.eu/encyclopedia/vehicles/france/fcm_36pak40/ - dunno if it was the other code or what, but it's a welcome bonus, I've been getting into TD play a bit more recently.

Still grinding away with my KV-1S though (just upgraded it's engine) and also an AMX.

Then you've done well out of it. The FCM with the Pak40 tends to have a very high winrate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Did you use that code on your old account or did you have to create a new account in order to get the free tank and 2500 gold?

Worked on my existing account.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Nice one. Need some gold and this seems like a great buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

My premium was running out so I decided to do it as well.... 10 days premium, 3000 gold, 50k credits and the FCM36Pak40 and 1 slot

First game in it, 5 kills - 1079 damage (more than double the next highest damage) and 24k profit =
    Victory!
    Battle: Prokhorovka 28 June 2013 08:53:23
    Vehicle: FCM 36 Pak 40
    Experience received: 2,160 (x2)
    Credits received: 26,128
    Battle Achievements: De Langlade's Medal, Defender, Master Gunner, Sharpshooter, Mastery Badge: "2nd Class"

Fun TD :), bit slow and pretty big though
    Comes with 50% crew so I changed to 75% crew

Oh and the emails from them ended up in my spam folder :(

• Advertisement

Yea, tis awful slow, but on some maps you'll make 5 kills without breaking a sweat. It does fairly hefty damage to the sorts of vehicles you'll be matched against.

Advertisement