Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls from 01-4307000 trying to get people to switch to Eircom eFibre Broadband

Options
  • 27-05-2013 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello there,

I've been getting calls from a number "01-4307000" for a few weeks now. They rang typically about 2-3 a day for about the past 3 weeks. Thinking it was just telemarketing, I didn't answer. 

The other day, I answered (by accident, admittedly). They asked if I wanted to switch over to Eircom eFibre Broadband. I already have the old Eircom broadband, but not eFibre. I said yes, that I was interested, then they asked for my mobile number and said that they'll ring me back. 

Now I googed the number, and it seems that this number is associated with Meteor, and there's no reference to Eircom. From the Golden Page:
    Meteor Mobile Communication (Dublin 2)

1 Heuston South Quarter, St John's Road, Dublin 8, Co. Dublin.

(01) 430 7000

http://www.goldenpages.ie/meteor-mobile-communications-dublin-city-D8/26/#reviews-yellowpages

I tried to ring this number back, but it says that the number is not in service. 

I would just like some clarification on whether or not "01-4307000" is affiliated with Eircom or if this number is used by Eircom to market their new eFibre broadband. I'm just worried that it might be some sort of scam. 

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

If it helps you, Meteor is part of the Eircom Group. See wikipedia

• Registered Users Posts: 9 TickTokClock

If it helps you, Meteor is part of the Eircom Group. See wikipedia
    Ah! I didn't actually know this, I thought that they were two separate companies. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

I tried to ring this number back, but it says that the number is not in service. 

Generally in a commercial environment, numbers are allocated in blocks of 100, starting at a 00. Often, in the case of telemarketers, their phone system will send a Caller ID with the -00 ending base number, but this number will have no default incoming route assigned, meaning that when you dial it, it just times out after some time. Knowing that these numbers are allocated in blocks of 100, means that all numbers from -00 to -99 can often be assumed to be allocated to the same customer. Often selecting a number at random in the -00 to -99 range can at least get you to an internal receptionist, where you can at least determine who is making the call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi TickTokClock,

I can confirm the number 01 4307000 is an internal Eircom Fibre number.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement