Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee's new range

Options
  • 30-04-2013 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

Despite the thread title I've never forund Dee's stuff overpriced at all so I'm more than happy to point towards her new expanded range I just saw on Teitter... http://www.dees.ie/#1

No I have absolutely nothing to do with Dee's foods... just a fan and really want to try those sossies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Yeah the new stuff looks good.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Looks lovely! I've been getting more of them. One annoying thing is I've had about half a dozen of them where there is a week or two left on the best before, and they were gone off, and the veg was mank, straight in the bin. :/ Apart from that they have been fantastic and love getting them for lunch at work. Can't wait for the new range. Quinoa was a great idea, as well as lentils. Love that stuff. Hopefully the sausages will make their way into the pots :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Despite the thread title I've never forund Dee's stuff overpriced at all so I'm more than happy to point towards her new expanded range I just saw on Teitter... http://www.dees.ie/#1

No I have absolutely nothing to do with Dee's foods... just a fan and really want to try those sossies!

I really, really love the new look of the range. very modern, love the design and colour scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DeesWholefoods

Looks lovely! I've been getting more of them. One annoying thing is I've had about half a dozen of them where there is a week or two left on the best before, and they were gone off, and the veg was mank, straight in the bin. :/ Apart from that they have been fantastic and love getting them for lunch at work. Can't wait for the new range. Quinoa was a great idea, as well as lentils. Love that stuff. Hopefully the sausages will make their way into the pots :pac:

Hi Tar, if you ever have an issue with the products please email me straight away on info@dees.ie and I will investigate. We keep samples from every batch in storage so we can check if anyone ever has a problem. We can also take temperatures in the storage units in the shops to see if there is an issue there, and we can double check the seals to see if they have been compromised in anyway. Thank you, Dee

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sure will do if it happens again. Was from superquinn and tesco as reference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

any sign of them new Dee's Sausages around Dublin yet? Dying to try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

BMJD wrote: »
    any sign of them new Dee's Sausages around Dublin yet? Dying to try them out.
    I got the imprsession that it would be another few weeks and beginning in Tesco.

Launching the 20th in Tesco stores will have list of stockists next week. Dee

Launching the 20th in Tesco stores will have list of stockists next week. Dee

I'm planning my breakfasts around it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Good stuff! Any chance the thread title could be amended to something more informative, such as "Dee's new product range" ? Just sayin'...

• Advertisement

Hi Everyone, thanks for all the feedback here. We realise our burgers aren't for everyone as we have kept them really pure and full of healthful ingredients, without adding salt/sugar/gluten/soy etc.

We are working on some taste-tastic new products that we would love posters here to come on board our taste-team when we need to get final feedback on flavours. Just email infoATdees.ie with TASTETEAM as the subject and I will add your name to the list. We will be posting products out and conducting feedback via Survey Monkey online surveys. Thanks for the support, hope some of you are enjoying the new Quinoa Pots too : ) kind regards, Dee

For those of you that signed up to the Taste Team last year, I haven't forgotten you, it has just taken a wee bit longer to launch these than expected! So you should have some by post really soon. Thanks Dee

Awesome, looking forward to trying them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

If you need any extra tasters, I am very good at eating. I have references.

well I managed to score me a pack each of the "traditional vegan" (cheeky description that!) and the "mushroom/garlic" sausages in Tesco Merrion last night. Really nice, a little mushy in texture but still fine. I thought they were a bit expensive alright but there's 6 in the pack for €3.99 and they're obviously good quality so probably on a par pricewise with the mass produced and imported Quorn or L McCartney ones but higher quality. I had one of each but I have to say I couldn't be sure which was which! All good.

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    well I managed to score me a pack each of the "traditional vegan" (cheeky description that!) and the "mushroom/garlic" sausages in Tesco Merrion last night. Really nice, a little mushy in texture but still fine. I thought they were a bit expensive alright but there's 6 in the pack for €3.99 and they're obviously good quality so probably on a par pricewise with the mass produced and imported Quorn or L McCartney ones but higher quality. I had one of each but I have to say I couldn't be sure which was which! All good.

Thanks, so glad you enjoyed! Traditional refers to the herbs and spices like a traditional breakfast sausage! We don't use the artificial binder methylcellulose ( I prefer not eating artificial additives especially those derived from wood and we don't use egg albumen either (ours are vegan) and the Dulse gives a lovely flavour too. So yes, slightly softer in texture but all the better for it too! Look forward to hearing your feedback on the other flavours too : ) thanks again, Dee. Ps do you like the new look?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I got hold of some of those Traditional Sausages, they're gorgeous! Expensive indeed, but very tasty.

3.99 for 6 seems very reasonable to me especially considering the ingredients.

As with the other products, better quality -> more cost. It's not the same as linda mccaartney sausages, which you can get for 1.50 in iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

I haven't had non-meat sausages before so I was just comparing with the prices I see for Denny etc. Considering they're vegan & so very tasty, I'll get them again, and remember that such things cost more! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

They taste great, but they really are quite small. Especially when cooked. I ended up eating all six in a sitting.

• Advertisement

They taste great, but they really are quite small. Especially when cooked. I ended up eating all six in a sitting.

Hi there, maybe a couple of packs escaped the eagle eye of quality control on our first production run. If they were especially small please contact me via our website and I'll arrange a refund for you. So happy you like the taste! It's taken two years of development to get right : ) kind regards Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Hi there, maybe a couple of packs escaped the eagle eye of quality control on our first production run. If they were especially small please contact me via our website and I'll arrange a refund for you. So happy you like the taste! It's taken two years of development to get right : ) kind regards Dee

I think the problem is less quality control and more my bottomless appetite :pac: Thanks anyway Dee! Looking forward to checking out the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I picked up a pack of the Original ones and the leek ones yesterday in Tesco. Cant wait to try both!

Low in fat too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I kinda hate when I see this thread title popping up, it sounds so negative which I don't think is very fair. But since people are talking about the new sausages, I tried some of the traditional ones today and loved them, I really notice the seaweed in them, I think that was a great idea and it adds to the traditional taste. I don't think they're over-priced or too small either, I cooked 2 for breakfast, sliced them length-ways and made a sausage sandwich. Sure you could eat the whole pack if you're not having anything with them but that's not really the point. It's nice to have some vegan sausages available in the local supermarket, I'm not a fan of the Linda McCartney ones at all.

--LOS-- wrote: »
    I kinda hate when I see this thread title popping up, it sounds so negative which I don't think is very fair.

Agree 100%. Maybe a mod could edit?

Separate thread now made for this new range.

Also just had the new sausages, lovely! Quite sausagy.Hard to spend 4e on sausages initially but really nice, will pick up some more again.
    Does this disqualify me from the taste testing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Is there a list of locations available where these products are sold? thanks.

Fungus wrote: »
    Is there a list of locations available where these products are sold? thanks.

Short list so far... Tesco.

• Advertisement

Every tesco I go into is sold out dammit

Advertisement