Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dee's new range

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Love the new sausages, I have only tried the traditional vegan ones so far but I'll get stuck into the rest of them soon enough :)

I hope they cook well on a BBQ cuz that's on the to-do list!

The new packaging looks really well too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

Had some for dinner tonight, with dulse colcannon. Thought they were fab. Lovely texture, I find Linda's sausages v dry, and the quorn ones are alright, nothing amazing. Would def buy them again. The ginger gave it a lovely savoury tang!

971711_379086175530011_349511835_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

I've tried the traditional sausages. Love the look of them, taste good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

They look great alright. I was hoping to pick some up at the weekend, but there were none in the Tesco on Parnell Street. Can anyone tell me where I can get them in Dublin city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭DeesWholefoods

Also just had the new sausages, lovely! Quite sausagy.Hard to spend 4e on sausages initially but really nice, will pick up some more again.
    Does this disqualify me from the taste testing :(

Ha, no it doesn't I'm just waiting on a delivery of temperature controlled pouches which should have arrived WEEKS ago, am chasing them again this week, thanks for the feedback delighted you enjoyed them.

• Advertisement

They look great alright. I was hoping to pick some up at the weekend, but there were none in the Tesco on Parnell Street. Can anyone tell me where I can get them in Dublin city centre?

Have you tried Baggot Street lower I think it is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

None in Tesco in the Galway shopping centre. :( I really want to try them.

None in Tesco in the Galway shopping centre. :( I really want to try them.

That's terrible, hope you had a complained loudly to the Manager! I will call them tomorrow and see what the story is, we are on promotion this week so they should be in stock, will let you know, Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

That's terrible, hope you had a complained loudly to the Manager! I will call them tomorrow and see what the story is, we are on promotion this week so they should be in stock, will let you know, Dee
    Tesco Rathmines didn't have them yesterday morning either but then they have to be the worst Tesco in Ireland. I got them in Tesco Merrion last night so breakfast is all good again!

Slaphead07 wrote: »
    Tesco Rathmines didn't have them yesterday morning either but then they have to be the worst Tesco in Ireland. I got them in Tesco Merrion last night so breakfast is all good again!

Have the reps going around full time trying to get shelves stocked again! They literally flew off the shelves the first week. Good complaint! Fine weather helped too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah really good, we have picked up a lot of them so far. Great that they are vegan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Thought the new sausages are delicious, really enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 R.M.

I had the traditional ones. They were DELICIOUS. lovely flavour and texture. I have a packet if the leek and onion ones too which i'm looking forward to trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

This might sound like a stupid question but are you meant
    to leave the skin on, like normal sausages? I just took some
    out of the packet and the skin literally fell off. Hope I haven't
    ruined them now. :D

This might sound like a stupid question but are you meant
    to leave the skin on, like normal sausages? I just took some
    out of the packet and the skin literally fell off. Hope I haven't
    ruined them now. :D

Yes, leave on the skins they are made with rice flour you can cook and eat them : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Finally got around to trying your traditional sausages Dee- what can I say; BRAVO! They're now my new favourite!! Any other veggie sausage I've had has just been blown out of the water. I'll be buying these on a reasonably regular basis I think. Thank you :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Here they are in action for my birthday breakfast!

UspfRWF.jpg

Nicest sausages ever, we must have spent 100e on them, they need a loyalty card :p

Here they are in action for my birthday breakfast!

UspfRWF.jpg

Nicest sausages ever, we must have spent 100e on them, they need a loyalty card :p

Happy Birthday! We are working on a super-loyalty card will be revealed in next few months hopefully!

Oooh that was fast work heh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Currently cooking Dee's vegan sausages in the pan... what a disaster! They dissolved into an inedible mush :(

• Advertisement

Currently cooking Dee's vegan sausages in the pan... what a disaster! They dissolved into an inedible mush :(

Hi there, as per instructions only use a tiny bit of oil on a low to medium heat and leave cook fully on one side before turning. If you try to turn before they are fully cook they might stick and separate from skins. Don't use a high heat and a lot of oil, and just leave them until they're fully cooked on each side. They are low fat and high protein so the protein needs to cook first. I hope you try again, can you try to grill also? If you are very unhappy send me your details for refund. Dee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

I had that mushy result a few times but, in fairness, it's far from inedible! I prefer to grill them anyway. They're great in a wholegrain bread sandwich mushy or not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Hi there, as per instructions only use a tiny bit of oil on a low to medium heat and leave cook fully on one side before turning. If you try to turn before they are fully cook they might stick and separate from skins. Don't use a high heat and a lot of oil, and just leave them until they're fully cooked on each side. They are low fat and high protein so the protein needs to cook first. I hope you try again, can you try to grill also? If you are very unhappy send me your details for refund. Dee

Ok, I know what I did wrong now and I will try again. In fairness, despite the result, they still tasted very nice and I had them in a demi baguette with caramelised onion houmous.
    I'll definitely try again :)

If you have a george foreman that makes them perfectly, great with onion hummous all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Got the traditional ones in Tesco today...gonna have some for breakfast. Exciting!

Also found some Omega burgers that were going off today in the discount section for €1.60 ( :eek: ) Deelight! See what I did there... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Tried these tonight (the traditional ones) after all the rave reviews and really enjoyed the flavour. Had them with some nice multi-grain bread as a sandwich.

Only criticism is that they are very delicate when you're cooking them. I was grilling them and lost the top of one of them to the scary place under the grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

In the pan is the best way to cook them, you have to keep an eye on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭mimihops

Tried the traditional flavour sausages for the first time at the weekend, have to say I thought they were savage alright! I had them on the barbeque and was amazed they came out so well, had no problems with them sticking or falling apart. Hadn't had a barbequed sausage in years, it felt like a real treat! Definite thumbs up from me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Eviecus

I was wondering if anyone could help me find shops that stock the sausages. I've tried Tescos on Lower Baggot Street, Coolock, Clare Hall, Carlow, Ballybrack, the Square Tallaght...I don't know where else to look. I've also looked in Dunnes, Supervalu, Superquinn etc. but to no avail.

• Advertisement

Hi there,

Where in the store are you looking? In the fridge not the frozen section? Normally stocked by the Quorn. They are definitely in Superquinn since last Saturday week. Definitely in Tesco Clarehall in the fridge by the Quorn (but they were merchandised by the pork sausages recently). What particular store will you visit next I will ring them first off to find out for sure where in the store they are stocked.

You have gone to a lot of trouble, I'll help out today if you can let me know.

Thanks

Dee

Advertisement