Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC accounting Help Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lizardspock

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this suspense Q- 2008 (ii)

"O'Shea (boutique) sold privately owned jewelry to a debtor of the business for 2800euro. This sale had been treated in error as a cash sale of stock. O'Shea intended that the proceeds of this sale were to be retained in the business."

The marking scheme says that cash is credited 2800 and sales is debited 2800.. I thought when it says cash, you assume bank?? :confused: I understand how to deal with the debtors and Capital part just not the other part!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Can anyone explain to me the reasoning behind this suspense Q- 2008 (ii)

"O'Shea (boutique) sold privately owned jewelry to a debtor of the business for 2800euro. This sale had been treated in error as a cash sale of stock. O'Shea intended that the proceeds of this sale were to be retained in the business."

The marking scheme says that cash is credited 2800 and sales is debited 2800.. I thought when it says cash, you assume bank?? :confused: I understand how to deal with the debtors and Capital part just not the other part!

Well the general rule I was taught is that if there's enough in cash you credit cash. But if there isn't enough in cash you credit bank (as you can't have a negative cash figure). That being said, I can't imagine you'd lose any marks for crediting bank, the balance will work out just the same.

Advertisement