Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

speed van at turloughmore?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭

just wondering has anyone seen one here ?

https://maps.google.ie/maps?q=ballyglass%20turloughmore&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

got a fine and points for doing 80kph in a special zoned 50 kph zone at this location , on the road through where the texoil station is ..

ive looked and there are no 50kph zones in the area, from flynns to ballyglunin bridge..

is a 60kph zone entering turloughmore heading towards galway,just before the chipper/pub on the left ..

im stumped , was driving a suzuki escudo , hardly a speed machine ,plus im very wary of schools etc and always slow ..

is there some other zone there?

address is ballyglass turloughmore

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Didn't know there was a chipper in Turloughmore lol! :p There's a small 50/60 section alright lumped in in the middle of an 80zone stretch-of-road. It starts just after the Abbey side of the 2 Pubs and goes up to 80 again then I think somewhere around the left-turn-off to Athenry between the 2 petrol-stations. It's a very small section. Actually I think it could be 50 alright. Have to slow down then again for Lackagh as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

City >> County

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

biko wrote: »
    City >> County

sound

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭ah sure !

there is 50 kph section allright where they got you. The van was there not long ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

ah sure ! wrote: »
    there is 50 kph section allright where they got you. The van was there not long ago.

thanks for info,

least i know now exactly where

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I spotted it that day, slowed down and was promptly overtaken by 2 cars..
    Guess they had some bad news in the post..

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭cyberblade 918c

the plain white garda van is sometimes parked there .... closer to the lackagh side of the vilage.

Advertisement