Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KINDLE FIRE HD info request

Options
  • 27-05-2013 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

Anyone know if I would be able to watch Netflix on a Kindle Fire HD as they will be available to Ireland from June 13th.
    I also need to know whether I can upload an avi.movie to one of these and watch it ?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

Great so they'll be available here next week........I tried buying one today, went through the whole process, even talked to some sales guy in the Phillipines, no-one mentioned the fact that I can get one next week!

But to answer one of your questions, I asked about being able to use alternative movie providers and was told yes it's possible because you just connect to the net and can access everything. Doesn't work for books though apparently, can only buy those from Amazon. Never did understand all this techknowledgy too well so I can't explain why it's yes for movies but no for books.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stanstaple

You can definitely watch netflix. I've been doing so since January. Got a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas from my NI girlfriend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Crowley7

stanstaple wrote: »
    You can definitely watch netflix. I've been doing so since January. Got a Kindle Fire HD for Christmas from my NI girlfriend.

Can u download apps and games? im in Cork and it keeps saying not available in your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

I'm not sure. I got a Kindle Paperwhite in the end bacause I mainly want to read books and it has the best screen for reading. I can connect to the internet with it and I guess the Kindle Fire should let you download apps & games but that is only a guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Can you get RTE player and such for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 marvelgumshoe

Amazon are blocking the Netflix app for Ireland. Netflix don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Schummi

Amazon are blocking the Netflix app for Ireland. Netflix don't know why.

Netflix app is now available in Ireland from Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marvelgumshoe

Fan-tas-tic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I THINK it has a amazon app store preloaded.
    SO you download , games, apps, as you wish.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&node=2665657031

Advertisement