Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus US Flights

Options
  • 27-05-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi All,

I'm heading to NYC at the beginning of August to see my boyfriend who's working over there. My friends bought me a €250 voucher for Aerlingus for my Birthday so I'm going to fly with them. I'm just wondering if I should wait to book my flights as I heard that they have a sale on for American flights but I'm not sure when. I'm afraid if I don't book them soon they'll just keep going up.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

It's always a gamble with flight prices but if I were you I would book now. IMO the flight price will go up and up between now and August. I go to the states every second year, in September/October and I always find the closer you come to the date with aer lingus the more the price rises. I usually book my September flight in march during the "sale" but its up to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Corrimbla

Lima Golf wrote: »
    It's always a gamble with flight prices but if I were you I would book now. IMO the flight price will go up and up between now and August. I go to the states every second year, in September/October and I always find the closer you come to the date with aer lingus the more the price rises. I usually book my September flight in march during the "sale" but its up to you!

I agree, the closer you leave it the higher the price - especially in the summer period from April to September. AL have sales to the US each year usually around October/November and January/February.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but if you pick suitable days you will get cheaper rates, like Tuesday is usually an off peak day so rates are cheaper then a Friday etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daisyduke25

I'll be going on a Monday and coming home on a Thursday. A work colleague told me that Aerlingus have a sale on in June for American flights but I couldn't find anything online to verify that, hence my post here.

I think I'll just book them sooner rather than later because I can see that the prices are slowly creeping up.

Thanks for your replies... much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

I'll be going on a Monday and coming home on a Thursday. A work colleague told me that Aerlingus have a sale on in June for American flights but I couldn't find anything online to verify that, hence my post here.

I think I'll just book them sooner rather than later because I can see that the prices are slowly creeping up.

Thanks for your replies... much appreciated :)

Yes the art lingus USA sale started today but its for flights from November - March. You need to book in the March sale to get summer flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,444 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

A work colleague told me that Aerlingus have a sale on in June for American flights but I couldn't find anything online to verify that, hence my post here.

Nobody would buy tickets until the sale started if that was the case which it is not. Airlines only have sales when the seat sales appear to suggest that they will have spare capacity which their schedulers always try to avoid.

Every year is different, it's all down to demand (which is unpredictable) and how many seats they have laid on that route for the season (which is guesswork) so there is no such thing as a guaranteed sale at a particular time of the year.

If they get their planning right, they will never have a sale and they'll sell every seat at full or near full price. Don't believe anyone who says there will be a sales at a particular time cause they're talking BS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement