Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

{ PC Pre-build questions }

• 27-05-2013 7:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Well fellow tech heads, I would like to throw a few questions out there before I put a couple of components together for a build (which I will share before I purchase). Its been a while since I was near a PC build, but have been following posts here, with real interest. A couple of people here really seem to be in the know how :D

Case - I would like as much USB ports in the front as possible, 3 - 4 (at least two of these need to be USB 3.0. Any case I should be looking out for?

Sound Card - A big issue for me. I hear now must high end graphics cards have a HDMI for sound output, is that correct? Current setup is my Denon 5.1 receiver connected via digital out from the MB. Would I need to purchase a sound card or could I use the audio out from the graphics card?

Processor - Is it worth paying that bit more for an i7, or stick with the i5? My main use usage - 60%-playing games (including running emulators, some of which are CPU heavy, 25%-Watching movies, 15%- WMware.

Graphics Card - My PC is connected to my 47inch TV (HDMI) which doubles as a Monitor. Highest resolution is 1920 X 1080p. Would a HD 7850 / 7950 be an overkill?

Place of purchase - I know must people here buy from Hardwareversand. Any opinions from Aria?

Sorry for all the questions. Any opinions on the above would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Lads this post can be closed. I posted in the wrong forum.

Thanks

Advertisement