Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laptop battery 23 euro?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

looks genuine. 59 sold as well. Prob not the best quality but you cant go to wrong for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Lots of it would probably be labour costs .... so @ £1.12/hour "solves" that one :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2103798/Revealed-Inside-Apples-Chinese-sweatshop-factory-workers-paid-just-1-12-hour.html

And there to the left we have the latest in suicide nets :

"While the Nightline documentary knocks down those suggestions, it does show the suicide nets covering the whole site, in place to stop over-worked and stressed employees leaping to their deaths.

Managers ordered asked for the nets to be put up two years ago after nine workers committed suicide in the space of three months."

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

Be carefully ordering cheap charger \ battery. I have seen cheap batteries leaking causing damage to the device. In this case it has the CE cert, which is a good thing. Cant see these batteries holding much charge over time though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,453 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I would not buy a battery if the seller chooses not to reveal the name of the manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Dell wanted €140 for a replacement laptop battery for our laptop last jan 2012.

We sourced the same rated battery on amazon uk for €45 delivered. Fair enough, it was a no name brand... but it's still going strong as I type now on it and has not given any problem since we got it.

it's the same with any replacement battery... just this morning I was tracking down a spare battery for a Fujifilm dslr camera for my father... the original fujifilm battery is 55 uk sterling... the equivalent no name is 10.95 sterling. I went for the cheaper.

Batteries can be hit and miss sometimes... just check reviews on the like of eBay and amazon and make your mind up that way.

Hope that info helps.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

djsim101 wrote: »
    Be carefully ordering cheap charger \ battery. I have seen cheap batteries leaking causing damage to the device. In this case it has the CE cert, which is a good thing. Cant see these batteries holding much charge over time though.

Providing the CE cert is real which it may not be.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,317 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

why does it need a CD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

LoveCoke wrote: »
    Can this be real

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280868646936

How could they sell them that cheap? Am i missing something?

15 negative feedbacks in the last month, and started listing his sales as private... not a good indicator of a good seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

I bought a cheap laptop battery recently, not from this seller, a no-name replacement for a Dell. It only just physically fit and held charge worse than the one I wanted to replace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A no-name battery vs. a manufacturer's battery is obviously going to have major differences and the fluff that will be sold on Ebay at "too good to be true" cheap prices are made with the cheapest of components.

Anyways, this picture:
    zhengshu.jpg

It means nothing, the same image is used all over the place and does not mean it has passed anything or meets standards:

Here

Here

Here

• Advertisement

Access wrote: »
    Batteries can be hit and miss sometimes... just check reviews on the like of eBay and amazon and make your mind up that way.

How can you check reviews if you don't know who manufactured the battery?

Duggy747 wrote: »
    It means nothing, the same image is used all over the place and does not mean it has passed anything or meets standards:

+1 It's laughable to think that people fall for those 'certs' when there's no manufacturer's name on the product.

I also noticed that there's no zoom facility on that seller's eBay page to inspect the certs. Presumably a genuine cert will say that a specific model 'X' of battery manufactured by company 'Y' has passed the FCC or CE test. In this case they mean absolutely nothing.

Advertisement