Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outside caterer for christening

Options
  • 27-05-2013 8:07pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for an outside caterer. Having around 20 people to the house at the end of June for a christening. I thought of O Briens, but would they just do sandwiches? I'd be looking for a starter and main, maybe a choice for both. Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Bulmers on Ice

I seen a sign in the Victoria Garden Asian restaurant in Johnstown for catering for Communions etc at discounted rates.

I haven't used them for catering but there food is om nom nom nom :o

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Thanks, will scope them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'm fairly sure Twist in Maynooth do catering, food is decent in the cafe itself and they definitely do that kind of food. Their website is horrendous though so its hard to tell if they still do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

Last year, Zest in Clane to supply startet & 2 main courses for communion, no complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

You will get some amount of grub for a great deal out of Victoria garden. I was at 2 party's they done and the grub was lovely and plenty if it to be fair.

I don't know them or work there but would use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,096 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Complete change of plans. Not having a party in the house, too messy. Heading to Trax instead, €21pp. Thanks for the suggestions.

Advertisement