Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is UCD cliquey?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what people's experiences are within UCD? I knew people going into UCD already and I generally talk to everybody so I am happy with my social life here. I am in the science faculty and don't personally find it that cliquey but I know some of the years that have passed through science have been extremely cliquey.

Just cursious as to what other people's expereince has been with UCD?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

If you think UCD is cliquey then you should have a look at Queen's... Unreal how cliquey it is, like being back at secondary school by comparison with UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

El Siglo wrote: »
    If you think UCD is cliquey then you should have a look at Queen's... Unreal how cliquey it is, like being back at secondary school by comparison with UCD.

Would that have anything to do with the age old divides in Belfast or is it something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

UCD is basically a mini-city. Like anywhere, similar types tend to flock together. But it's a world that offers people infinite choices to explore. Generally a very open place in my opinion given the mix of people. It depends what route you take to meeting people. You could stay involved in your faculty/school, or go via some societies and meet people from across campus. I had a great time and got to know so many different kinds of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Would that have anything to do with the age old divides in Belfast or is it something else?

No, it's because everyone who goes to Queen's has gone to secondary school together. There's more of a country-city divide than anything else (or as they term it, 'west of the Bann and east of the Bann').

• Registered Users Posts: 2 killyon

ucd is the spot to be, especially if your studying agriculture science, unreal crac !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Durz0 Blint

I like to think of UCD as a thousand separate cliques.

There's a clique for everybody here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

We need an "is UCD cliquey MEGATHREAD"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Just wondering what people's experiences are within UCD? I knew people going into UCD already and I generally talk to everybody so I am happy with my social life here. I am in the science faculty and don't personally find it that cliquey but I know some of the years that have passed through science have been extremely cliquey.

Just cursious as to what other people's expereince has been with UCD?

Also did science, I found most people open minded to new people, even if they were from a different background or part of the city (as I was to most of my class).

At the risk of courting controversy, the only group that I perceived to be cliquey were the Family Guy quoting, booming voice group of students who may have been considered the 'nerds' of the year, if that's possible in a science course.

Advertisement