Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stay away from "<snip> Heating & Plumbing"

Options
  • 27-05-2013 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

<snip> Heating & Plumbing gives me real pain.

AntiAdvertisement:
    <snip>

Got a boiler upgrade from him. Paid a price he asked on condition that he supports me to get a grant. To get a grant I have to do more work then I anticipated.

Paid a price he asked and never seen him back with documents supporting job. He put me into ignore list for his mobile. When I reache him from another line he promised and sorry promised and never came.

Getting documents from his partner appeared to be useless and hopeless thing. As result I lost a hope to get a grant (€610) just because he has no interest to provide documentation during 5 months since job was done back in December 2012.

See him? Give him a kick!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Moved so you can obtain some general advice on what to do. Edited because you can't make allegations that cannot be substantiated like you did

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

In support of grants, often the supplier, in this case your plumber, is required to have a Tax Clearance cert. This was the cause of a delay for me getting a grant for a filtration system. The delay was over 12 months in my case before my supplier got their Tax affairs in order.

Of course, ignoring your calls is a lousy move. Contact the grant agency and see if there is a time limit. Notify them of the situation and see where you stand from that side.

If you have been approved for the grant and all you need is to submit the receipts etc, then write a letter to the plumber stating as such and request the documentation. Record when you called and what he promised and use that in your letter too.

Perhaps others can tell you for sure, can the plumber be liable for losing out on the grant because of his delay in providing documentation if approval has been given?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 luapy2

without knowing the full details , but from what you have said code of practice was not adhered to . small claims court in the calling, to be reimbursed.----
    to much of this going on makes it quite difficult for bona fide contractors to operate in this environment

Advertisement