Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FAS Baldoyle

Options
  • 27-05-2013 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

I too is starting a course at FAS Baldoyle next month onwards.

1. I am bit confused between howth & "Houth Jn and Donaghmede". Which station I should get down?

2. How much distance between the train station and the fas training centre. Is it just walkable distance?

3. Did you choose LEAP card or monthly Irish Rail option for travel?

Any help greatly appreciated...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Moved to a thread of its own because the other thread was a few years old

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Howth junction. You will see signs in station for FAS. If not, ask, because one side of tracks is donaghmede and the other is ind est. Its a very confusing station when you are not used to it.

Sorry dont know how far it is from station

Dont use the dart so cant help you with ticket choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭net4hack

Thanks alexonhisown...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Howth Junction definitely. I used to walk through the grounds of it to get to work a few years ago. If you are extremely lucky, the middle gate at Howth Junction will be open. The FÁS building/grounds is between the two lines as they diverge.

Other wise (coming from town or Malahide) it's up the stairs, across the bridge, down the stairs, out the door, up the stairs, across the bridge and down the middle walkway. It's infuriating when the middle gate from the platform is locked..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

dfx- wrote: »
    Other wise (coming from town or Malahide) it's up the stairs, across the bridge, down the stairs, out the door, up the stairs, across the bridge and down the middle walkway. It's infuriating when the middle gate from the platform is locked..

The short cut gate is rarely open these days, so you will probably have to go the magical mystery tour route. It really is ridiculously involved. :mad:

Best thing to do is to give them a ring at the FAS centre itself. Get from someone who does it every day, the best way from the station platform to the FAS centre. You won't be the first person to ring up and ask how to get there. When I called up for the same reason, they had the directions down to a fine art. It's a five minute walk at best. When you leave the station, there is a narrow and poorly lit lane way that you have to walk down to get to the FAS centre. When I was doing it in the winter, I found it to be quite scary, but as it so bright so late these days, am sure you'll be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

ProudDUB wrote: »
    When you leave the station, there is a narrow and poorly lit lane way that you have to walk down to get to the FAS centre. When I was doing it in the winter, I found it to be quite scary, but as it so bright so late these days, am sure you'll be ok.

Yeah, I was using it on early and late shifts (6am and 10pm) from September-February and it is poorly lit and the main Dublin-Belfast line is at your head height. So the Enterprise train or any train from Dundalk/Drogheda sneaks up from behind you and shocks the hell out of you... :)

Advertisement