If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new tv, freesat and sound bar package

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi there, I was looking at your web site and saw a deal for Samsung 46 inch TV ue46f7000 with a sound bar HW750, was also interested in the freesat Humax 1010s HDR shipped to Cork. Can you give what the price would be for the package and shipment. Was also interested if you had a comparable 46' TV plus HW750sound bar and freesat for a better price. many thanks Martin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Martin, thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote you for this system.

The Samsung deal with the TV, soundbar, bluray player with the Humax Freesat box would come in at £2230 including delivery.

Please bear in mind that the 5 year warranty included with this only covers the TV.

A 5 year warranty can be taken out on the soundbar for £49.95.

Unfortunately due to the system price that is on this, I can't really sharpen this any further as it's already £360 off the normal price of the products.

[size=small]There are other 47" models from other manufacturers so was there something about the TV or soundbar that grabbed your attention ? Would you mind if the soundbar and TV were not from the same manufacturer ?[/size]

We are happy to beat any competitors price on this as long as the TV comes with the 5 year guarantee so keep us posted and let us know if you would like to proceed with this or I can happily recommend other suggestions but they may not be from the same brand.

ATVB

Dav

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mraie

Hi Martin, thanks for the post and the opportunity to quote you for this system.

The Samsung deal with the TV, soundbar, bluray player with the Humax Freesat box would come in at £2230 including delivery.

Please bear in mind that the 5 year warranty included with this only covers the TV.

A 5 year warranty can be taken out on the soundbar for £49.95.

Unfortunately due to the system price that is on this, I can't really sharpen this any further as it's already £360 off the normal price of the products.

[size=small]There are other 47" models from other manufacturers so was there something about the TV or soundbar that grabbed your attention ? Would you mind if the soundbar and TV were not from the same manufacturer ?[/size]

We are happy to beat any competitors price on this as long as the TV comes with the 5 year guarantee so keep us posted and let us know if you would like to proceed with this or I can happily recommend other suggestions but they may not be from the same brand.

ATVB

Dav
    Hi Dave

Thanks for the price it does look good but wanted to compare against a comparable tv and soundbar. If you have some other suggestions for TV (47inch) and soundbar would be great. Liked the  Samsung because of the reviews but I am easy if from different manufacturers for both sound bar and tv.  Looking for good picture and sound. I feel I can get the smart element from mk908 so not too concerned on tv however needs to have a good review. 
    many thanks mraie

Hi Mraie.

Thanks for the reply.

If you don't mind the two being from different manufacturers then there a lot of options open to you.

The issue that you may have is that some of the latest screens haven't been reviewed as yet.

Eg : The Sony KDL46W950A - The replacement for last years award winning HX853 range and they have gone to town on performance and features with things like the Triluminos display which provides a much more natural colour balance than the likes of the Samsung models. It also features 800Hz motion handling, one touch phone mirroring, beautiful styling and local dimming all make for an amazing TV.

This is priced at £1799.95 and I personally would combine this with the Yamaha YAS201 which is a very good soundbar with a wireless sub. You will lose some of the features of the Samsung soundbar but on a quality front, I prefer the Yamaha.

This combination would come in at £2330 including a Sony BDPS490, (which is a better player than the Samsung 5500), freesat box as above and delivery.

Alternatively if you went for the LG 47LA960W, we could work you out a package based on this but the problem is the lack of reviews for the Sony and the LG as they were both slightly later released over the Samsung. The LG is a stunning screen also.

Let me know what your thoughts are.

ATB

Dave

Sorry, just to add to that. The Samsung is a great TV and we have lots of customers who own these and love them so I wouldn't rule the Samsung out due to the deal that is on this and the quality of the products.

It's wise to look around and see what else there is but sometimes you end up coming back to where you started off.

ATB

Dave

Sorry, just to add to that. The Samsung is a great TV and we have lots of customers who own these and love them so I wouldn't rule the Samsung out due to the deal that is on this and the quality of the products.

It's wise to look around and see what else there is but sometimes you end up coming back to where you started off.

ATB

Dave
    Hi Dave, lots of food for thought, 

I think the Samsung is the TV I would go as I have seen the LG in action and preferred the Samsung, reviews seem better also than the Sony model you mentioned.

I wanted the soundbar to fit under the tv and will not be wall mounting. 

So thinking 

UE46F700 TV 
    LGNB4530A
    Humax 1000S G2 version 1TB
    Sony BDPS490

can you give me a price including shipment. Can you confirm the sound bar will fit under the tv screen also and if you see any improvements for the same price or better.
    many thanks, Mraie 

• Advertisement

Hi Mraie, I sort of guessed you may come back to the Samsung as it's a beautiful piece of kit.

I have the guys checking the measurements at the moment.

I am assuming you need the bar to be on the same shelf as the TV ?

The only problem may be the little Samsung logo which falls below the bottom of the TV frame.

Come back to you shortly.

ATB

Dave

Hi Mraie, I sort of guessed you may come back to the Samsung as it's a beautiful piece of kit.

I have the guys checking the measurements at the moment.

I am assuming you need the bar to be on the same shelf as the TV ?

The only problem may be the little Samsung logo which falls below the bottom of the TV frame.

Come back to you shortly.

ATB

Dave
    HI Dave

I have seen the tv and impressed with it. Soundbar will be on the same shelf so want to make sure doesn't block any of the screen. It doesn't bother me if it blocks the logo once it doesn't interfere with the view or control of the tv. 

many thanks
    mraie

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RIALTO1

mraie - sorry for hijacking your thread but I can't seem to start a new one.

Hi lads,

I got a 37" Panasonic TV from you a few months back. Very happy with it so far. However I was thinking of improving the sound. I was kind of figuring on a soundbar as I'm looking for something smart but simple (i.e. not too much cabling, etc).

I was thinking something along the lines of the Panasonic SC-HTB520, but the problem I have is that I think this is going to be too big (the stand I have is WxDxH (mm): 1000x500x450.)

I see the Panasonic SC-HTB20 can be split in 2, which I think may fit better. However I am looking for something slightly higher quality.

Can you recommend any soundbars (or alternatives) that would sit right with the TV & Stand?

Cheers,
    Owen

Hi Mraie,

The LG bar is only 35mm high with the Samsung bar at 57mm high and the gap from the bottom of the TV is 64mm so both the bars will fit although the LG will be much smaller.

There is a small issue with this in that the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen will be covered but this will not affect the functionality.

In terms of the pricing, the LG bar with the Sony blu ray will work out more expensive as the Samsung bar and blu ray are part of the current promotion, which ends soon.

The TV, LG bar, Sony blu ray, Humax 1000s and delivery would be £2150 including delivery.

Alternatively the previous Samsung system with the HDR1000s would be £2190 including delivery.

Let me know what you make of either of these.

Many thanks

Dave

Hi Mraie,

The LG bar is only 35mm high with the Samsung bar at 57mm high and the gap from the bottom of the TV is 64mm so both the bars will fit although the LG will be much smaller.

There is a small issue with this in that the Samsung logo at the bottom of the screen will be covered but this will not affect the functionality.

In terms of the pricing, the LG bar with the Sony blu ray will work out more expensive as the Samsung bar and blu ray are part of the current promotion, which ends soon.

The TV, LG bar, Sony blu ray, Humax 1000s and delivery would be £2150 including delivery.

Alternatively the previous Samsung system with the HDR1000s would be £2190 including delivery.

Let me know what you make of either of these.

Many thanks

Dave
    HI Dave

I am leaning to Samsung TV, LG bar, Sony blu ray, Humax 1000s at £2150 including delivery. Did you see any improvement for the same price or do you see any pitfalls?

How do I proceed with an order?

many thanks
    mraie

• Advertisement

Hi Mraie.

I don't see any issues with this at all and in terms of products, I reckon you will have a really nice system that will both look brilliant and sound great too.

The only benefit in the Samsung soundbar is slightly better quality and you can have less remote controls with keeping the equipment all the same.

In terms of other products, I would stick to either of these above as the TV is a winner.

If you would like to order, you can either call me on 0044 333 900 0070 (option 2) or PM me a contact number and I can call you for details.

Many thanks

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.