Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems at work

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'll try to keep this short
    Came back to work after maternity leave 5 months ago. In first day back I was told someone left and they weren't being replaced but I was told I had to do their job too (two thirds of it). They told me this would take about a day a week - turns out its nearly 3 times that.
    I was told it would be temporary until something else is sorted and yet 5 months later I am still pleading for help. My manager won't listen to me that I can't cope with the work load. Ignoring me is how I would describe it.
    I feel like I was taken advantage of being my first day back after 10 months they knew I couldn't say no to this arrangement...
    I am so stressed - things are slipping in every direction and I am really struggling.
    Feel sick with stress most days and I have told my manager all of this but it falls on deaf ears.
    What should I do? Apart from this I used to like working there but now I feel like I'm being forced out

Advertisement