Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europlex Signet 200 Alarm Problem with GSM

Options
  • 27-05-2013 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I have an automatic sms message setup on my Signet 200 just to make sure that there is still credit on the SIM. I received no text msg this week so have been investigating. When I looked through the menus on the keypad panel I can see that there is no signal on the gsm modem. I opened the front panel on the alarm and to the left of the SIM card slot there is an LED named D2 flashing. From memory I thought that it used to be the LED above (D1) that flashed on/off.

Does anyone have experience of what LED should be flashing if the modem is functioning correctly?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Was the SIM taken out at any stage?
    In Engineer > Communications is the Modem Status showing ready?
    Try power the system down leave it a minute & power up again.
    The SIM may just need to reinitialize.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

No the SIM hasn't been taken out in months since I forgot the password when trying to top it up and had to put the sim into a phone to get a new one.

The status was showing as line fault. I powered it down, disconnected the battery and waited 1 minute before repowering it back up. The status then changed to ready and I received a text about cabinet tamper so it's back operational!

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No problem. Glad you got sorted.

Advertisement